+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who believes now......

Who believes now......

Just asking.... two home games in next week to cement the position..........

I think the answer is obvious. Everyone believes..
    The catch being that while they believe the team can make it, it's hoped they can finally deliver.
    This team is good enough at the moment, just a little bit of additions in January should do the trick.

Just 1 defeat in 11 BUT too soon to say we can go all the way IMO. The performances, apart from Cardiff and Boro (both away games BTW) have been less than inspiring and the one defeat didn't surprise me as I had seen a beating coming sooner or later. Just surprised it was Reading.

Was yesterday the day the players got their heads round what GR wants from them and signal better performances to go with the results?

I hope so.

I was looking through some press clippings of games during our last promotion season, my lad used to keep them and every report was about how scrappy the game was how poor we were yet how we had got another 3 pts!

Maybe the "Derby way" is win ugly (apart from the odd game here and there)? Still nervous about what mel might do when we get to 5th!

I was looking through some press clippings of games during our last promotion season, my lad used to keep them and every report was about how scrappy the game was how poor we were yet how we had got another 3 pts!

Maybe the "Derby way" is win ugly (apart from the odd game here and there)? Still nervous about what mel might do when we get to 5th!

'When' rather than 'if' we get to 5th Swale. Your optimism is slowly returning my friend!

I've watched Derby too long to be optimistic, I well remember under the wee man how we slowly but surely contrived to slip out of the automatic spots and the agony of us stuttering to the end of the season and get into the play off final, never thought we would win it, then under mcclaren thought we were nailed on and boom, hopes blasted but then thats football i guess!

We've been in this position ever since Clough Jnr left, it'll take a lot for me to get optimistic.

To be fair we were looking good when Mcclaren took over from Clough, but since those cheating *******s from west london fluked a win in the final I have never had much optimism that we would succeed.

A matter of time before Derby returns to the Prem and it can very well be this season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)