+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Millwall v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Stop frettin thissen Nudge.

Thi ban on BBS will sooin be ovva and this board will be a distant memory
    As I’ve said - I look at what’s being said on here as often as I am looking at what’s being said on the BBS.
    But I post more on the BBS.
    I don’t separate the two - there isn’t a them and us as far as I’m concerned.
    Many, if not most, look at both sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    As I’ve said - I look at what’s being said on here as often as I am looking at what’s being said on the BBS.
    But I post more on the BBS.
    I don’t separate the two - there isn’t a them and us as far as I’m concerned.
    Many, if not most, look at both sites.
    Gi'oer wi thissen.

Ivverybody knows the only time tha posts on here is when tha banned on BBS.

Just watched the Millwall highlights.

We gorraway wi murder to get a point.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not quite Exile , there was a reduction in the original purchase price of the club at some stage which seems to be the crux of the dispute .

Purely speculation on my part but this seems to have its roots when we were relegated the last time to league one .

The club when Stendel was hired seemed on reflection to be well funded , there was no fire sales to compensate for the loss of £7m of tv revenue .

Bradshaw was sold to Millwall for £1.2m but we recruited Woodrow for £1.1m , Styles for £500k and Dougall for £300k minus the tv revenue .

This in my opinion is where the reduction in the original purchase price of the club changed and where it's broken down since .

This is why I believe Potts was sold in the January because at that stage we weren't guaranteed to get promoted by any means and the owners shyte themselves .

Just my opinion exile .

Thanks Animal but that doesn't answer what I asked so perhaps if I put it another way vis

At any point did the deal include the selling or otherwise the Cryne's 50% holding of the ground to the Chien mob
    Apologies if I'm not understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Thanks Animal but that doesn't answer what I asked so perhaps if I put it another way vis

At any point did the deal include the selling or otherwise the Cryne's 50% holding of the ground to the Chien mob
    Apologies if I'm not understanding
    Yes on completion of the final installment on the purchase of the club .

Yes on completion of the final installment on the purchase of the club .
    And they're fighting to conclude the deal
    Leaving BMBC to continue the fight to defend Oakwell then
    Would I be correct in thanking the Crynes?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 25-10-2020 at 08:37 PM.

And they're fighting to conclude the deal
    Leaving BMBC to continue the fight to defend Oakwell then
    Would I be correct in thanking the Crynes?
    It's probably the best decision Patrick ever made during his tenure having the council owning 50% of Oakwell and the surrounding land .

Whether there's a fight from the present ownership to secure the council's share I don't know .

I'd use the old saying myself that possession is 9/10th's of the law .

Meaning it's easier to have possession of something rather than having to try and gain it .

It's probably the best decision Patrick ever made during his tenure having the council owning 50% of Oakwell and the surrounding land .

Whether there's a fight from the present ownership to secure the council's share I don't know .

I'd use the old saying myself that possession is 9/10th's of the law .

Meaning it's easier to have possession of something rather than having to try and gain it .
    A question or two arises
    The present ownership includes the Crynes
    I think the present situation where we are in bed with a set of money grabbing arseholes can be laid firmly at the Crynes doorstep
    Why did they ever include any question of selling their share of the ground?

A question or two arises
    The present ownership includes the Crynes
    I think the present situation where we are in bed with a set of money grabbing arseholes can be laid firmly at the Crynes doorstep
    Why did they ever include any question of selling their share of the ground?
    I suppose with Cryne's terminal illness the club needed to be sold Exile and this was a selling point , the council's 50% share protects the club no matter who owns the other 50% .

50% ownership of the land in reality is 50% of nothing .

Name:  BE6F89E9-86DB-4691-B99F-48CAF9584F5C.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  16.3 KB

Close call but Jack for me kept us in the game.
    Picked up Millwall hit the woodwork three times but “they” didn’t just once in fact. Jack made a good save pushing the ball onto the post and picking up the rebound. Another a cross landing on top of the bar. Just my view after watching the full game.

Looks Like he has a decent dentist lol . Well done Jack.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 26-10-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast