+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: We done it now what do we need!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Agree - but a striker is needed as well in my opinion.
    Appologies Rev, wrong post responded too,

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I think you owe Rev an apology, and as for the post being aimed at me, I wasnt wrong about Bamfird as a striker and I'm not alone in that view. Our promotion was in spite of Bamford not delivering what our only supposed striker should deliver, not because if it, the scoring record of others proves that, and is in stark contrast to the previous season when other players didnt contribute as they have this.
    Youre right, I do owe Rev an appology

The rest of your point misses the way Bielsa sets his teams up, He doesn't play to focus on one main striker - he relies on the entire team contributing, and it is no coincidence that our joint second highest scorer is Mr Own goal... pressure on other teams results in goals from everywhere - thats why Nketia couldn't hold down a place, Bielsa wont play any differently next season IMO!

Eze from QPR please.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Eze from QPR please.
    And some happy pills for WTF pleeeeeeeeeze

Did I mention beer already?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Youre right, I do owe Rev an appology

The rest of your point misses the way Bielsa sets his teams up, He doesn't play to focus on one main striker - he relies on the entire team contributing, and it is no coincidence that our joint second highest scorer is Mr Own goal... pressure on other teams results in goals from everywhere - thats why Nketia couldn't hold down a place, Bielsa wont play any differently next season IMO!
    "The rest of your point misses the way Bielsa sets his teams up, He doesn't play to focus on one main striker..."?

Have you actually watched any of our games, or studied how Bielsa "sets his team up" or the formations we have employed this season?

One striker, a diamond formation to focus on that one striker, and that one striker HAS NOT delivered what a lone striker as target for the rest of the team SHOULD deliver, at a minimum c.20 goals per season (a la Mitrovic, Grabban, Watkins etc). Not taking anything away from the guys work rate and contribution elsewhere on the pitch, but at 9th equal in the scorers table, that's just not good enough and wont be in the PL.

As for Nketiah, he couldn't GET a place never mind hold on to it, because despite taking him on loan and presumably doing so because the club wanted to see what he could do, Bielsa persisted with Bamford as the target man (go back to the tail end of last year and look at posts from EVERYBODY saying the same thing), same with Casilla, if he hadn't got himself banned, you think Meslier would have been given the opportunity to shine as he has?

Bielsa may not choose to play the team any differently, which IMHO would be a huge mistake, because PL teams won't allow us to play like we did against Derby, or Charlton, etc, our width will be squeezed, and if we persist with one striker as target, it wont be enough because the other players wont be able to contribute to the scoring record as they have this season. And god help us if he decides to put Coco back between the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "The rest of your point misses the way Bielsa sets his teams up, He doesn't play to focus on one main striker..."?

Have you actually watched any of our games, or studied how Bielsa "sets his team up" or the formations we have employed this season?

One striker, a diamond formation to focus on that one striker, and that one striker HAS NOT delivered what a lone striker as target for the rest of the team SHOULD deliver, at a minimum c.20 goals per season (a la Mitrovic, Grabban, Watkins etc). Not taking anything away from the guys work rate and contribution elsewhere on the pitch, but at 9th equal in the scorers table, that's just not good enough and wont be in the PL.

As for Nketiah, he couldn't GET a place never mind hold on to it, because despite taking him on loan and presumably doing so because the club wanted to see what he could do, Bielsa persisted with Bamford as the target man (go back to the tail end of last year and look at posts from EVERYBODY saying the same thing), same with Casilla, if he hadn't got himself banned, you think Meslier would have been given the opportunity to shine as he has?

Bielsa may not choose to play the team any differently, which IMHO would be a huge mistake, because PL teams won't allow us to play like we did against Derby, or Charlton, etc, our width will be squeezed, and if we persist with one striker as target, it wont be enough because the other players wont be able to contribute to the scoring record as they have this season. And god help us if he decides to put Coco back between the sticks.
    We are as good as if not better than half the Prem teams right now, So what you are saying is that Bamfords contribution of 16 goals has not helped us win the league ?, If you are then you are deluded, ( A word you use a lot ), If not then for once give some credit to the lad..

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Appologies Rev, wrong post responded too,
    No worries tichi.

Well I'm happy with everything at Leeds United atm and that's the main thing.
    Lets see if Bielsa stays what additions are brought in and what extra finance we get first. We can't base this season and who will have weaknesses in the prem until we know what changes will be made so it's pointless worrying about it. HAPPY DAYS!

GK's are part of a team just like the other 10 players.

It's painfully obvious that we are a better "team" when we have Meslier than kiko. The defense looks more comfortable and the team seems to play better. Even under the tremendous pressure of the restart we looked composed in back with Meslier as our keep. kiko may be as good but the team played better as a unit with Meslier as our keeper.

I think we all know he's only 19 or 20 and he's already good enough for the prem. He could be a star for years to come. we don't need some retread like kiko.

Financially, it's a no brainer. Supposedly some other teams are interested in kiko. offload him to someone else and use the money saved to try to sign White.

we've been down this road before with another young keep. I believe Kasper was his name.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)