+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see as manager?

Who would you like to see as manager?

Bruce is really unpopular, but who would you like see in instead?

I would like Benitez back but the list of who I would swap Bruce for is massive. Eddie Howe would be a shout too.

Aye....Mary, Mungo and Midge would be better options than Bruce.

I guess it comes down to whether there's a takeover or not. Working on the premise that it's not happening at the moment, if Bruce were to go tomorrow then we'd be looking at out-of-work managers and the best of those-to my limited knowledge-would be Howe as TT says.

It all went wrong for him at the end of his time in Bournemouth butbut might work for him is a 'reset'---turn it off and turn it back on type approach. His football would be exactly what we've wanted to see for ages and he'd be used to working on a limited budget.

Having said all that, I'm not sure how he'd respond to the inevitable pressure of being here and the massive spotlight on him

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye....Mary, Mungo and Midge would be better options than Bruce.

I guess it comes down to whether there's a takeover or not. Working on the premise that it's not happening at the moment, if Bruce were to go tomorrow then we'd be looking at out-of-work managers and the best of those-to my limited knowledge-would be Howe as TT says.

It all went wrong for him at the end of his time in Bournemouth butbut might work for him is a 'reset'---turn it off and turn it back on type approach. His football would be exactly what we've wanted to see for ages and he'd be used to working on a limited budget.

Having said all that, I'm not sure how he'd respond to the inevitable pressure of being here and the massive spotlight on him
    Allegri, i reckon he has already been sounded out by our future owners. Its only a matter of time, probably why Bruce is sticking to his guns, knows full well he has nothing to lose, his days are numbered.

its probably easier to ask who would we rather have Bruce instead of

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

its probably easier to ask who would we rather have Bruce instead of
    Allardyce, Pardew, McClaren, Kinnear. It's an absolute shit stain on the history of our club that those 4 chancers were ever associated with us in any way.

If Ashley is still here it wouldn't matter who we got in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    If Ashley is still here it wouldn't matter who we got in here.
    I'd take Bruce for 5 years with a new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Allardyce, Pardew, McClaren, Kinnear. It's an absolute shit stain on the history of our club that those 4 chancers were ever associated with us in any way.
    Don’t forget Ponteland United legend John ‘I’m the best coach in the Premier League’ Carver.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Don’t forget Ponteland United legend John ‘I’m the best coach in the Premier League’ Carver.
    I almost included him but don't class him as a manager.

The sad thing is, out of all the out of work managers I can think of (admittedly not that many), those four are right at the top of the list and they all managed us, ffs.

Allegri if the takeover happened and if not Dragan Stojkovic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)