+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen V St Mirren match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Good three points and good to seeing us manage to come back from a goal down, well done lads.

McInnes saying in his post match interview that he is hopeful of one more signing before the window closes on Monday, I wonder who that will be, could it possibly be the lad Allan Campbell from Motherwell?
    Not sure where he would fit into our midfield at the minute, we have too many options in there. i would hope its another centre half. We have 4, but Devlin is never fit, and as brilliant as Hobban has been there is always that worry that he breaks down again. I thought Considine looked slow tonight, maybe age catching up with him, so another left footed defender would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Not sure where he would fit into our midfield at the minute, we have too many options in there. i would hope its another centre half. We have 4, but Devlin is never fit, and as brilliant as Hobban has been there is always that worry that he breaks down again. I thought Considine looked slow tonight, maybe age catching up with him, so another left footed defender would be ideal.
    I’d agree, also looking at our bench last night that a CH would be the preferred piece of business.
    I think it’s more likely to be a season long deal though.

Just as an outside thought, I note that Edmondson was a CH until 3 years ago.
    I would not be surprised if McInness used him there as a last resort if needed

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I’d agree, also looking at our bench last night that a CH would be the preferred piece of business.
    I think it’s more likely to be a season long deal though.

Just as an outside thought, I note that Edmondson was a CH until 3 years ago.
    I would not be surprised if McInness used him there as a last resort if needed
    Playing someone out of position? Del?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Playing someone out of position? Del?
    Buy Campbell. Play him beside Ferguson. Move McCrorie back to CH, but let him maraud forward. Beckebauer-like ?

Mix that in with our forward players, it would cause carnage in the oppositiob half ?!!

Bit like that second game of the season . Six Wingers , attack !!!

That boy Shaughnessy's handy enough.

I wonder why our interest in him waned after we spoke with him when his St Perth contract was expring?

Who can forget that strike at Parkhead 6 years ago?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WC3Jvnek88E

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Buy Campbell. Play him beside Ferguson. Move McCrorie back to CH, but let him maraud forward. Beckebauer-like ?

Mix that in with our forward players, it would cause carnage in the oppositiob half ?!!

Bit like that second game of the season . Six Wingers , attack !!!
    Yep - that’s where I’m at too & have suggested this elsewhere.

Taylor & Considine in a back 3 is an accident waiting to happen. McCrorie is taylor made (no pun intended) for a back 3 playing out from the back like Hoban does.

I’d be surprised if Murderwell would let Campbell go just now for a price we could afford, but we’ll see.

Otherwise I’d imagine it’s a CH we’d be looking at as we’re pretty well covered everywhere else just now once everyone’s fit which they should be after the break...

I see Greg Leigh has been released from his club could he do a job as a left sided centre half?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I know you really like Scott Wright but you are trying to blame other players now if he doesn’t have a good game.

If Wright isn’t playing well then he will have to get dropped and deal with it like every other player does.

We can’t just keep him in the team because it will hurt his feelings if he gets dropped.

It’s a big squad and the players should be playing well if they expect to be in the team.

And before you say it,yes I think McGinn will be dropped once Kennedy is fit.
    haha fair play! My point was really that Wright seemed to be getting more criticism on here than McGinn, even though McGinn seemed fairly invisible for most of the time he was on the park. I should say McGinn is probably one of my favourite players we've had in the last 10-15 years, so I'm not trying to make him a scapegoat.

In the past Wright was dropped very quickly, while other players maintained their place even when they were poor. I'd just like to see the manager showing a bit more faith in him rather than drop him whenever he has one below par game. Anyway, bottom-line is I just want to see creative, exciting players in the team, and generally speaking this season McInnes has been doing that, and we've been much better to watch. Like you say, the competition in the squad can only be a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by STANDFREE92 View Post
    I see Greg Leigh has been released from his club could he do a job as a left sided centre half?
    Now that's interesting... I could see McInnes going for him as cover for both left sided centre back and left wing back allowing Hayes to be deployed further upfield. You might have hit the nail on the head with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    haha fair play! My point was really that Wright seemed to be getting more criticism on here than McGinn, even though McGinn seemed fairly invisible for most of the time he was on the park. I should say McGinn is probably one of my favourite players we've had in the last 10-15 years, so I'm not trying to make him a scapegoat.

In the past Wright was dropped very quickly, while other players maintained their place even when they were poor. I'd just like to see the manager showing a bit more faith in him rather than drop him whenever he has one below par game. Anyway, bottom-line is I just want to see creative, exciting players in the team, and generally speaking this season McInnes has been doing that, and we've been much better to watch. Like you say, the competition in the squad can only be a good thing!
    Yeah I agree with you completely don, I actually like Wright as well.

When he scored the hatrick against Partick in 2017 I said he was one for the future,personally I think he had started the season well but he is beginning to dip in form so he might need a spell out of the team.

Maybe Watkins can play in that position with Edmondson up front?

I think he deserves a start to see what he can do.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast