+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Robbo hope he can keep fit he's classiest of our centre backs but Angus he's been reliable there for a while. Icky same, mostly. One thing from last night showed in games we target a win got to start with your strongest side. From last night would be Barlaser Lindsay Wing midfield 3. Smith up front with either Ladapo or Crooks.
    Absolutely agree about Robertson, best CB, just have to keep him fit for a few weeks and it will help immensely. Not that our other CBs have been terrible but still.

Smith and Ladapo is a strange one. When one starts and the other is on the bench and comes on they work really well and can be an absolute handful for defenders. When they start together it doesn't seem to work, absolutely no idea why, just my observation. It is like bringing the other one on sparks them into life as they finally have someone to work with but why they don't generally do well playing from the off together I don't know.

Love the options in the midfield, Wing only having to play 30 minutes last night was great, getting an hour out of S Mac. With clever rotation before and in game we can manage this backlog. We are managing it. Said it before, 5 subs may be our greatest friend this season...

Motm winner

Freddie Ladapo
    81.5%
    Michael Smith
    5.9%
    Angus MacDonald
    7.3%
    Dan Barlaser

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Motm winner

Freddie Ladapo
    81.5%
    Michael Smith
    5.9%
    Angus MacDonald
    7.3%
    Dan Barlaser
    Fair enough result but how Wes didn't get on the shortlist for his assist alone I don't know, never mind being super solid again in 2 different positions.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Fair enough result but how Wes didn't get on the shortlist for his assist alone I don't know, never mind being super solid again in 2 different positions.

Goal scorers catch the eye. Great brace from Freddie but he was far from the best player on the pitch.

Robertson and Harding were superb.

Looking at the minutes played positively, from Huddersfield on Saturday to Coventry tomorrow we will have had 4 full days between the 2 games. Yes we obviously played last night but I'm taking these minutes as a positive in terms of the game time in a 4 full day spell....

Woody - 'only' 45 mins
    Lindsay - 30 mins
    Smith - 30 mins
    Wing - 30 mins
    Olosunde - 45 mins
    Ihiekwe - 0 mins (yeah he has a niggle but he is fresh)
    Clarke - 0 mins
    Hirst - 0 mins
    Ogbene - 0 mins
    Jozefzoon - 0 mins
    Sadlier - 10 mins
    Blackman - 0 mins

Greater minutes played

Crooks - 60 mins (after full 90 at H'field)
    Ladapo - 80 mins (after not playing at H'field)
    Giles - 90 mins (after only playing 17 at H'field)
    Johansson - 90 (one player who doesn't need rotating)
    Barlaser - 90 mins (after only playing 9 at H'field)
    Angus Mac- 90 mins (also played 90 at H'field)
    Sean Mac - 60 minutes (after not playing since God knows when)
    Robertson - 90 mins (after not playing since God knows when again)
    Harding - 90 mins (also played 90 at H'field)
    Wiles - 60 mins (after 90 at H'field)

Basically what I'm trying to say is that, by the time we play tomorrow, in the 5 days after H'field (including tomorrow before kick off), we will have 12 players who have played a MAXIMUM of half a game of football during the week and 5 outfield players who have played 90. Of those 5, only 2 played 90 against H'field as well as last night...

We are rotating well and playing it smartly so far, we can definitely keep tinkering as we have the depth at the moment. Players can play 60 and then 30, then vice versa. The big question marks are on Harding and Angus Mac, they are the ones who play and play and play. How do we manage them?

Crooks and Wiles perhaps also given how they have played 75% of the game time in the last 2.

Getting useful minutes such as Sean Mac last night will be critical, fringe players, getting an hour out of them without everything falling apart. Hopefully others can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Goal scorers catch the eye. Great brace from Freddie but he was far from the best player on the pitch.

Robertson and Harding were superb.
    Always be the way till the end of time. I get it when it's televised games more but when we get to pick our own shortlist we should definitely try and include the unsung heroes more, really give them the acknowledgement and pat on the back also. As gripes go however, it is a minor one haha.

Always be the way till the end of time. I get it when it's televised games more but when we get to pick our own shortlist we should definitely try and include the unsung heroes more, really give them the acknowledgement and pat on the back also. As gripes go however, it is a minor one haha.
    Very true. Ben Pringle won it loads because his hair stood out.

But they can give it to whoever they want when we win.

I've watched about 12 games on ifollow in the last year and must say I haven't enjoyed many at all.
    It's like watching a training session most of the time, but last night was different, obviously helped by a great performance, but credit also to Brecks and friends, they made it feel like a proper game, will probably tune in again on Thursday.

Proper unsung hero is Wes Harding, it's a shame because he has been our stand out player all season but not many seem to see how good he is at what he does for the team. I have given him credit a few times only to be told that he is crap! You have to laugh at some of the things posted on here at times. He will be getting my vote for player of the year thats a cert.

Wes has been a diamond for us and he has adapted to more than one position throughout the season.I think he does prefer the right back slot and I'm sure next season Warney will play him there.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast