+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man v nature...

Man v nature...

I have sympathy for anyone who has suffered as a result of the recent floods but, if rumours of a lost battle are true, then I really feel for this guy who went to such lengths to protect his property..

Earlier..

Later..

Even later..

Not got an up to date picture, but hearing that nature might have had the final word..

re: Man v nature...

I had a quick scan to see if I could find an update on this house, however stumbled across this link below.
    Some lovely photos albeit highlighting these people's nightmare!... - view external link

A good set of photos there, SD. Black and white snaps can often capture a greater sense of mood and atmosphere - some of those images certainly live up to that billing..

And still the water keeps on rising..

Here's the latest I can find on this... - view external link

i would imagine the geezer with the big house would have the money to rebuild.some of the people in the terraced streets might not be so well off.

Anyone who thinks global warming and/or climate change isn't happening is deluded. This is getting worse, not better. It's happening every couple of years now and is more severe each time.

We have friends in Shepparton where it's badly flooded. They want to sell up and leave now, the second the water subsides. Good luck with that... :/