+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: George Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Is this kid Miller any good then, like you ask Roma would he be any better than Victor or Brown who we already have of course ?.
    Recent quotes/remarks from Bradford fans , mostly don't rate him , only seen him the once, so my opinion may not reflect his ability or how good he may be , not a signing to inspire right now though ? Good luck to him ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Recent quotes/remarks from Bradford fans , mostly don't rate him , only seen him the once, so my opinion may not reflect his ability or how good he may be , not a signing to inspire right now though ? Good luck to him ,
    And if we were only prepared to goto £200k ?, yes it seems like an 'underwhelming' possible signing that's for sure.

Speaking of Bradford fans rating or not rating their players, anymore news on us signing their current loan player/striker Jack Payne (from his parent club Huddersfield).

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And if we were only prepared to goto £200k ?, yes it seems like an 'underwhelming' possible signing that's for sure.

Speaking of Bradford fans rating or not rating their players, anymore news on us signing their current loan player/striker Jack Payne (from his parent club Huddersfield).
    Yes , he's staying at Bradford till the end of the season .

News broke just after we played em .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I think you should explain that to Mr C cause whatever is said to him he doesn't seem to understand the principle
    Ho yes I do and tryed to explain to you my opinion.

Trying to get this lad concerns me for 2 reasons?
    1. It shows we only prepared to shell out on up to about 200k on players, which makes it obvious they will only buy players they know they can get their money back on or sell for a profit.
    2. Are they trying to find Moore’s replacement on the cheap.
    It’s terrible what they are doing down there it seems they are willing to sell anybody? But to sell and loan to the clubs we are in direct competition to looks like they don’t actually want us to get promoted.
    Is this why Winkler and Goat were happy to move on?
    We need to brace ourselves because we tried to sign Kerr for a paltry sum and were rightly told to do one by St Johnstone, who for me is Pinnocks replacement.
    By tomorrow night Pinnock, Lindsay and Moore could have left us and they will be replaced by 3 kids who will be bought for less than 700k but we will be expected to swallow the crap that comes from the club that the fees were too good to turn down or how could we stand in their way.....and so on!
    We will see but personally I think Goat has left before it all hits the fan here? But not to worry eh we have just trimmed the squad a bit with the loans and replaced the departures.
    I am dreading tomorrow but the outcome will shape if I ever pay good money to this lot to watch my team or just sit at home and watch Sky on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Trying to get this lad concerns me for 2 reasons?
    1. It shows we only prepared to shell out on up to about 200k on players, which makes it obvious they will only buy players they know they can get their money back on or sell for a profit.
    2. Are they trying to find Moore’s replacement on the cheap.
    It’s terrible what they are doing down there it seems they are willing to sell anybody? But to sell and loan to the clubs we are in direct competition to looks like they don’t actually want us to get promoted.
    Is this why Winkler and Goat were happy to move on?
    We need to brace ourselves because we tried to sign Kerr for a paltry sum and were rightly told to do one by St Johnstone, who for me is Pinnocks replacement.
    By tomorrow night Pinnock, Lindsay and Moore could have left us and they will be replaced by 3 kids who will be bought for less than 700k but we will be expected to swallow the crap that comes from the club that the fees were too good to turn down or how could we stand in their way.....and so on!
    We will see but personally I think Goat has left before it all hits the fan here? But not to worry eh we have just trimmed the squad a bit with the loans and replaced the departures.
    I am dreading tomorrow but the outcome will shape if I ever pay good money to this lot to watch my team or just sit at home and watch Sky on Saturday?
    I share your annoyance Perky & I am not seeking to defend GG but to be fair he has brought in
    Moore
    Woodrow
    Thiam
    Pinnock
    Ben Williams
    & one or two more in his time here, who have become the "spine" of the team
    & he brought in Stendel & his team don't forget
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 31-01-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    We have a squad of 26 players plus them out on loan do you really think we need anymore.
    Mr C, I gave you my answer to the 'do you think we need anymore' question.
    I take it you think we don't?
    At the moment most of us will settle for not losing anymore players.
    That's very clever on the owners part because we'd now accept that even though we do need 2 or 3 more in.
    Since my original reply we've now lost Isgrove.
    I don't know if you saw Tuesday's game but we were terrible for an hour. You would think we would have brought somebody in after that. But, we let another leave.
    I really don't know what to make of these owners but they're not doing themselves any favours.
    If they don't say what their intentions are, we can only make our own conclusions. You're happy, I'm not.
    Cryne might not have been everyone's cup of tea but I think most would accept that he was a fan, and that he wouldn't do anything to damage us in the long run. He took a few bob out when he knew he hadn't got long left. But who wouldn't in that situation?
    See your family right, or leave a small fortune in a football club.
    These new owners aren't short of money, and the team could easily finish top 2 with the smallest investment.
    Instead we've let 3 leave, and only brought in one that's first team ready.
    If we'd kept those 3 I'd be pretty confident of promotion. Now probably play offs.
    If they had any ambition you'd think they'd have taken the gamble.

Says on Sky that we've signed him for 200K.

Know nowt about him but got to give him a chance.

Hardly overwhelming though is it.

a keeper would be nice

He could be the one that Goat wo onnabart in his final pillak to fans at Burnley saying we wud be pleased wi wot wo cummin in.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast