+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t ww3

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Straight in there Kerr well done.

So what is your opinion on two politicians being imprisoned in a country that legally pardoned them. Does this happen in the USA or France. What would happen if a new prime minister sent someone back to prison that had received a royal pardon?
    Straight in there? I haven't posted in days...

I take it that you won't answer my questions. Why is that?

I have no idea about the case that you are talking about and know (only vaguely because I've never seen one) about royal pardons in England and Wales.

To comment on a case I'd need to check multiple sources to try to establish the facts of the case as opposed to the possibly partisan reporting of one source and then I'd have to check out the applicable law from that country (insofar as the time I was willing to give it allowed). What do you think of that approach? Is that a question that you will answer?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well recently I've heard the BBC give Braverman , Cleverly and Mogg a right going over with Robinson and Victoria Derbyshire particularly impressive .

It depends on your political view I suppose where you see the bias .
    I think the beeb overall get it about right. That's why extremists from both sides hate them equally...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I think the beeb overall get it about right. That's why extremists from both sides hate them equally...
    Maybe it’s a simpler explanation

Old school BBC reported facts, ie there’s a new US President or a war has started in Umbongoland

New BBC now seems to want to put a layer of opinion on those facts, and opinions generated by a team of people or by an individual are naturally biased

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    The reality of modern politics is that no party particularly likes scrutiny. The days of 45 minute interviews are gone and the sound bite is in. Blair and Campbell started it in the UK, but I don't blame them as they are history and their successors have seized on it.

In my view, the Tories are used to a supine print media and really don't like scrutiny. They boycotted the Radio 4 Today programme for a while, the irony of which is that the presenter, Nick Robinson was president of the the Oxford University Conservative Association when he was a student there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Old school BBC reported facts, ie there’s a new US President or a war has started in Umbongoland

New BBC now seems to want to put a layer of opinion on those facts, and opinions generated by a team of people or by an individual are naturally biased
    That's an interesting observation. Can you give an example to illustrate your point?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    https://www.factcheck.org/about/our-mission/

https://www.factcheck.org/our-funding/

Who owns the organisations whose output you link to? Who funds them?

Please think about those questions and answer them.
    I was going to bed last night so didn’t but I did look The founders Wikipedia site this morning. Mr Annanberg owned publishing houses and radio. He was an ambassador to Britain and hosted parties for heads of states and royalty.

Clever man but he knew the dirty tricks.

In 1966, Annenberg used the Inquirer to cast doubt on the candidacy of Democrat Milton Shapp for governor of Pennsylvania. Shapp was highly critical of the proposed merger of the Pennsylvania Railroad with the New York Central Railroad and was pushing the US Interstate Commerce Commission to prevent it from occurring. Annenberg, who was the biggest individual stockholder of the Pennsylvania Railroad, wanted to see the merger succeed (which it did) and he was frustrated with Shapp's opposition.[14] During a press conference, an Inquirer reporter asked Shapp if he had ever been a patient in a mental hospital. Never having been in one, Shapp simply said "no." The next day, a five-column front page Inquirer headline read, "Shapp Denies Mental Institution Stay". Shapp and others have attributed his loss of the election to Annenberg's newspaper.

So Kerr.
    How close are we to WW3? The doomsday clock will be published soon. It was 90 seconds last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

The BBC has never simply been about factual information. It has always had opinions represented in its political programmes. It's challenge is to try and balance the different perspectives to try and get as close to balance as is possible.

Both people from the far left and far right will laugh heartily about the success of this ambition, which I think tells us as much about these people as it does about the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    ...but I did look The founders Wikipedia site this morning. Mr Annanberg owned publishing houses and radio. He was an ambassador to Britain and hosted parties for heads of states and royalty.

Clever man but he knew the dirty tricks...
    He also knew the 'right' people...

https://annenberg.brown.edu/news/gat...stitute-999260

Gates Foundation grants Annenberg Institute $999,260
    Funny how that nice Mr. Gates keeps popping up. Coincidental I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    He also knew the 'right' people...

https://annenberg.brown.edu/news/gat...stitute-999260

Funny how that nice Mr. Gates keeps popping up. Coincidental I'm sure.
    Will it change the thinking? I doubt it! But I'm the wierd one

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast