+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolton v Oxford league 1 play off final

Bolton v Oxford league 1 play off final

Anyone watching this? does anyone care? awful game to watch and as I'm posting this Oxford score so 1-0 Oxford.

2-0 Oxford at half time, mountain to climb for Bolton but I seem to remember another team being 2-0 down at half time at Wembley and ending up winning, albeit on pens. UTM

Watching games got it's moments.

Was hoping for a Bolton win.

They'll be one of the favourites again next season if they don't turn this around.

SE running down the touchline gets a mention.

At the moment it seems that Bolton, like Peterborough, are seriel bottlers, I'm sure it was Bolton manager Ian Evatt who said, after we had won at there place 2-0 when we were last in league 1, that they were the best team in the division. To be fair to him I was there that day and Bolton played well but so did we. UTM

Memo to SE Oxford didn't look to have any were good players in their side all did their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Memo to SE Oxford didn't look to have any were good players in their side all did their jobs.
    Personally gru, I thought Bolton bottled it, just like they bottled automatic when it was theirs to take. UTM

To be fair Bolton were hanging on in the second leg v Barnsley.

They were awful today and it was a case of a game too far for them and Oxford worked their socks off. Oxford showed terrific battling qualities and have done it the hard way.
    On the last day they won at Exeter to get into the play offs, then they downed Peterborough & finally Bolton.

They have been one of the better teams in league 1 for a while now, and as you will recall were featured in that fly on the wall podcast with us a couple of years ago.

They will find the Championship a totally different ball game but they deserve their shot at it and I for one wish them well.

Congratulations Oxford and enjoy your celebrations.

Shows how poor league 1 is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast