+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Disappointed in the lack of fluency and ability to pass through midfield to the wings and create any clear chances. Looked a bit like the last championship team but no major surprise there. You could see that Millwall were much more fluent playing around and from the back and forced us to use a lot of energy chasing. That said, they didn't create much either and mistake like that was the only way I could see them scoring either, so got to see that as a positive. Am I being too harsh, but concerned about Blackman's quick decision making again. Made the scorers job easy by rushing out and being easily rounded.

Positive was Mcdonald on midfield who I'd pretty much written off but needs some quality ball player next to him. Dan! Dan! Dan!! (Partridge reference for anyone who knows). And Oggie should feel now that he is plenty good enough for this league, always looked dangerous but final ball lacking. Hope it will come. Angus looked solid also in defense. Harding did well but miss pace going forward in support of Oggie to split the defenders who crowd on him.

Of we keep solid, hard to beat and get some connection between midfield and attack with final balls we might be ok. Signing off Barlaser is a long shot but would make the difference for me.

First time I've tried I follow and it
    Worked a treat, piped it onto big telly
    Job done. Pity about result.
    Overall I thought we were the better
    Side and worth at least a point just one silly mistake
    Cost us against a team that finished the season
    Challenging for the play offs.
    Just missing that bit of magic that one
    Telling pass. Overall the only disappointing
    Thing was the result.
    Blackman. What little he had to do was done ok, one
    Too ambitious throw out, rest fine.
    Harding. Played well linked with Chezzy well.
    Ihiekwe. One mistake that's all it takes.
    McDonald. Looked solid it looks like we a blessed with centre backs
    Mattock. Probably my MOM, did well both attacking and defending, this league suits him.
    MacDonald. I thought he had a really good game, the best I've seen him play for us. Linked play well and was always available.
    Lindsay. I like him gets involved and looks to go forward.
    Ogbene. Caused problems and needs to go more at players, they took the full back off to save him getting sent off and his replacement was booked immediately.
    Sadlier. Looked handy but I would now like a look at miller.
    Smith. Worked hard but got no change from either defenders
    Or ref, also very little supply.
    Ladapo. Closed down well but that's not what he's in for, one good chance put wide, but I thought it was a difficult one also had very little supply.
    Hirst. Looked good and may be the spark we need, but who he replaces is still up in the air for me.
    Wiles. Showed well when he came on but doesn't need to be out wide for me.
    Crooks. Not the force he was last season, slow start or head turned I don't know.
    Happy with performance but not the result

I think Ladapo is a victim of the formation we play. Why pump balls in the air to him?
    Smith is a workhorse but won’t score lots of goals.
    I would play Hurst and Ladapo next week.

Critical of Mattock in the past but MOM for me today.

Never been more disappointed in nearly sixty years watching RUFC. Warne bigged up Wycombe last week and they got hammered by a mediocre Blackburn. No lessons learned and already I'd say relegation is a certainty. Slag me off but let's see at the end of the season. A forward line that would struggle to score in L2. Pathetic and stealing a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Never been more disappointed in nearly sixty years watching RUFC. Warne bigged up Wycombe last week and they got hammered by a mediocre Blackburn. No lessons learned and already I'd say relegation is a certainty. Slag me off but let's see at the end of the season. A forward line that would struggle to score in L2. Pathetic and stealing a wage.
    Sixty years of watching, two weeks of memory it would seem.

If we survive, we survive.

If we don't, we don't.

I too was a bit disappointed that the keeper didn't make it harder for the striker coming through. Seemed to run past the ball.

Of course disappointed with the result but not downhearted. There were some good performances today, encouraging signs.
    UTM

At least no female stewards were assaulted, no people in wheelchairs got turned over and we didn't have to witness fifty something's dressed in stone island gear bumping and grinding each other

Yes Blackman should have got back to goal quicker and probably done better to try and put the player off or even block the ball but Ihiekwe was 100% to blame not the keeper.
    All bloody week now for next game, hope someone picks his head up ASAP

Yellow for Ihiekwe to add to his day

15th in table
    3 points
    GD 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast