+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 298 of 299 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Don't drag me into your sppat rA, my only contribution was to try to lighten the tone with a minor snitter

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Being dogmatic is putting forward your opinion as being undeniably true...something you regularly do but now accuse me of doing.

As regards MA...I think most people recognised the context he was describing and it had nothing to do with one man cafe/publishing businesses and second home owners. He was talking in far more general terms but you simply dogmatically dismissed him as naive and then, when asked to justify yourself eventually came up with the aforementioned ‘extremes’ which no one could sensible disagree with.

That though is your argument with MA and I’m sure he is more than capable of sticking up for himself.

At the same time, and this was the ‘unprovoked’ bit, you attempted to make me the ‘benchmark’ for naivety (however you wish to spell it) on the forum. I’d really like to know how you’ve reached that conclusion. It’s easy to accuse, rather harder to justify accusations.

You then proceeded, aided and abetted by GP, to accuse me of being dogmatic - being unable to accept being wrong - which again coming from the two of you really is laughable.

It’s a funny old place the forum at the moment. If I speak in favour of MA you rather childishly talk of me defending my ‘allies’. If I support Swale’s views you and GP will accuse me of being his ‘mate’ or ‘rear gunner’ and yet it’s never the same when the boot is on the other foot with you, GP and TTR is it? Strange that.

I can’t keep up with your mood swings Andy...one minute you’re praising my honesty, the next you’re attacking me...one moment you’re speaking generously about my choice of occupation (vocation in your words) and the next you’re attempting (unsuccessfully) to take the p*ss out of me being a retired teacher. Personally I take less and less notice of what you write because you seldom substantiate anything and speak increasingly with all the consistency of a Government policy maker.

Sorry...forgot...all imo!
    Any chance of just calling a truce? Be better for both/all of us (purely IMO)

You dragged yourself in, GP...post #2963. Don’t comment if you don’t want to get dragged in to it. Easy.

A ‘truce’? Probably for the best as such ‘personal’ conflict is usually very boring to others. Maybe you could pm details of my ‘naivety’ and ‘reluctance to be wrong’ if you feel so strongly about it.
    Or maybe you could just make less personal and more rational criticisms from here on in.
    Your choice...I don’t really care but, again imo, it’s unwise to attack what you’re then unable to defend.

You dragged yourself in, GP...post #2963. Don’t comment if you don’t want to get dragged in to it. Easy.

A ‘truce’? Probably for the best as such ‘personal’ conflict is usually very boring to others. Maybe you could pm details of my ‘naivety’ and ‘reluctance to be wrong’ if you feel so strongly about it.
    Or maybe you could just make less personal and more rational criticisms from here on in.
    Your choice...I don’t really care but, again imo, it’s unwise to attack what you’re then unable to defend.
    A truce it is then

Here's a true story about many a small business that is, in reality, no more than a loss making hobby. The people in question do get some income from their little enterprises but outgoings on that same little enterprise are rather more than the income from it. Neither the income nor the outgoings are declared for tax purposes.

Not declaring the income is illegal, and folk are very aware of that fact. Outgoings are, generally, much more than the income from the enterprise. In reality, in not declaring the "proceeds" and "costs", they are saving the tax authorities money as folk would have paid less tax over that period than they actually have.

Weird, really that there are so many out there who, in saving the Treasury money, are actually in danger of going to Court and being fined or even jailed for tax "evasion".

It’s a funny old place the forum at the moment. If I speak in favour of MA you rather childishly talk of me defending my ‘allies’. If I support Swale’s views you and GP will accuse me of being his ‘mate’ or ‘rear gunner’ and yet it’s never the same when the boot is on the other foot with you, GP and TTR is it? Strange that.

Just to clear it up, I'm no ones rear gunner, You'll find me in the bombardier dome,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Just to clear it up, I'm no ones rear gunner, You'll find me in the bombardier dome,

Thanks
    Probably safer than the Trent End...or a certain No.10.

Probably safer than the Trent End...or a certain No.10.
    I've never had a problem in the Trent end, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I've never had a problem in the Trent end, have you?
    Nope...never been a ‘rear gunner’ either.

They're creepy and they're plastic
    They all get quite drastic
    And totally erratic
    The Trent End family

Their house is a museum
    Nobody comes to see 'em
    Nobody wants to be 'em
    The Trent End family

Neat
    Sweet
    Petite

They're not really that combative
    Actually quite passive
    Unlike Derby who are Massive
    The Trent End family

Their sister is their mother
    Their father is their brother
    They all "love" one another
    The Trent End family

Strange
    Deranged
    The Trent End family

Page 298 of 299 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)