+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Charities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Biggest corrupt one is children in need, BBC have had money in the bank making a load in interest hardly any of the money has been given where it is needed.
    sorry Pudsey time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by royston1962 View Post
    Biggest corrupt one is children in need, BBC have had money in the bank making a load in interest hardly any of the money has been given where it is needed.
    sorry Pudsey time to go.
    I was shocked when I heard that none of last years (2016) money had been spent. There are reports in most of the daily papers saying that they have a portfolio of over £90m

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I was shocked when I heard that none of last years (2016) money had been spent. There are reports in most of the daily papers saying that they have a portfolio of over £90m
    Plus they have their own registered charity that the money is paid into. It doesn't go direct to needy causes. The Chief executive of this set up is paid more than the prime minister.

Also you need to remember that many if the luvvies you see on Children in Need night are being paid for being there and when they do the location films they get free flights and decent accomodation. It's not exactly mucking in like many charity workers put up with. The thought of Bono or Geldof and their like sharing a tent though amusing doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Plus they have their own registered charity that the money is paid into. It doesn't go direct to needy causes. The Chief executive of this set up is paid more than the prime minister.

Also you need to remember that many if the luvvies you see on Children in Need night are being paid for being there and when they do the location films they get free flights and decent accomodation. It's not exactly mucking in like many charity workers put up with. The thought of Bono or Geldof and their like sharing a tent though amusing doesn't happen.
    I know a guy who is a director for british legion. He bought a flat in london so he could stay there when he works there. Yep they're on a good wage.

This is the exact reason I stopped donating to CIN years ago. It's a shame because there are so many people out there that need charities/events like Children in Need but don't benefit from the hundreds of millions that have been raised.

I think its a difficult situation were going to see ourselves in with regards to who we donate money to, do you just donate locally where you know they spend their money on the people that genuinely need it, or do you fund bigger charities that help the wider picture but pay their CEO's hundreds of thousands of pounds a year.

I think there should be a cap on the amount of money a CEO of a charity gets to take home. They are meant to be not-for-profit organisations and I think its disgusting that they are even allowed to take home that amount of money. If your the CEO of a charity for your own personal income reasons then you are in the wrong job