+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McKenna to turn down a new deal with Ipswich?

McKenna to turn down a new deal with Ipswich?

Not surprised at this news as he is highly regarded as a top Manager. What he's done since arriving at Ipswich is exceptional.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Maybe his head has been turned by Chelsea. Needs to be careful. Look how that move worked out for Graham Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Maybe his head has been turned by Chelsea. Needs to be careful. Look how that move worked out for Graham Potter.
    I would agree, that job is pretty toxic at the moment. And Chelsea is a completely different kettle of fish to Ipswich, big step up for him.

I think Brighton would be a good fit for McKenna.

Im not sure Brighton would represent a step forward in his career though

Is Man Utd too big for him? Don't forget, he left Man Utd to go to Ipswich. He was held in high regard when there and he knows the set up.

Also you get fed up of seeing the same old faces doing the rounds in the Premier League. If I were him though I wouldn't touch Chelsea but, the big buck always talks the loudest.

How the footy world has gone mad, 3 or 4 year deal at a big club will set him up for life

Let's face it he would probably struggle to keep Ipswich in the PL and they will almost certainly be one of the favourites to go down. Look what happened to the promoted teams this season.
    Brighton would seem to be the most logical step for his managerial development at a higher level as they are a well run club with a decent budget and realistic expectations.
    Chelsea or Manchester United could prove to be disastrous if he went to either of those clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Im not sure Brighton would represent a step forward in his career though
    A well established Prem team who play some nice football.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Is Man Utd too big for him? Don't forget, he left Man Utd to go to Ipswich. He was held in high regard when there and he knows the set up.

Also you get fed up of seeing the same old faces doing the rounds in the Premier League. If I were him though I wouldn't touch Chelsea but, the big buck always talks the loudest.
    I think Man U will be looking for a big name.Poor side that wants a complete overhaul, you look at their squad & it’s not great & a few that want to take a good look at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I think Man U will be looking for a big name.Poor side that wants a complete overhaul, you look at their squad & it’s not great & a few that want to take a good look at themselves.
    .......and to think they spent a £Biilion assembling it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast