+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T General Election

O/T General Election

Is anyone bothered? Personally I will Not be voting. No party is any better than the other

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Is anyone bothered? Personally I will Not be voting. No party is any better than the other

Can’t stand Sunak or Starmer as both c unts and rather have Boris than those two.

I won’t be voting either!

It’s like trying to decide whether to sleep with your mum or your sister.

Inflation is right down to acceptable levels and there’s no doubt from my point of view that customer confidence is returning quickly.

My own business is absolutely flying and we are over 50% up on last years figures and taking on new staff.

But it’s hard to forget the shambles during Covid and the scandal of PPE and the treachery of Cummings and the stupidity and lying of Boris.

I do think that Sunak is competent and can run a sensible ship albeit he taxes too highly and isn’t a true Conservative in that sense..

So what about Labour.

I find Starmer difficult to like but do I think he himself is competent……yes I do albeit I’m unsure what he stands for or what a Labour government will look like.

I fear he’s being used as a Trojan Horse though and that the zealots on the Left will come crawling out from the shadows and that Rayner, Long-Bailey and the Corbynista brigade will highjack the party once they get in.

Personally, I think the Tory’s will be obliterated and we’ll end up with a Labour/Liberal pact government.

As for voting myself, I might go Tory, Liberal or Labour, I’m really going to listen to what’s being said and promised.

I may vote tactically for whoever the best local MP might be for my area.

Looks like 4th July because he knows full well the sheer volume of dinghies this summer will be like an oil slick in the channel. No wonder public services are broken as they can’t cope!

The country is a complete s hit tip!

Time to give Labour a go, I’m a pragmatic voter, the Tories have been a shambles Labour may well implode but time to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Time to give Labour a go, I’m a pragmatic voter, the Tories have been a shambles Labour may well implode but time to change.
    I think that’ll be the mindset of many Dave.

The Tory’s need a massive reset and a new and younger leader from a totally different socia economic background, more of a “working class” person.

I wonder if the Liberals will have the nuts to run on a ticket to go back into the Eu?

I must admit, the Brexit difficulties seem to be much less of an issue for many now but it may still sway a lot of the under 40’s.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Even Sunaks election announcement was a shambles looking like a drowned rat in the pouring rain with D.Dream blasting out in the background - Things can only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Even Sunaks election announcement was a shambles looking like a drowned rat in the pouring rain with D.Dream blasting out in the background - Things can only get better.
    It showed a complete lack of nous and awareness Phil.

Now that Ireland, Norway and Spain have declared their stance on Palestine, it will be interesting hear Starmer's reply to the inevitable questions coming his way from Galloway. Get ready for a brutal campaign, especially in the inner city areas.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Looks like 4th July because he knows full well the sheer volume of dinghies this summer will be like an oil slick in the channel. No wonder public services are broken as they can’t cope!

The country is a complete s hit tip!
    The immigrants don't think so Al.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)