+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: just a thought...

just a thought...

Do you think that the emphasis for the owners will now be on the womens team? Mainly because you can likely get to the very top of that ladder with PL and european football opportunities etc without the need for billions of pounds of investment.

I'm not saying that the mens team will be paid lip service , but do you think they see that opportunity as far more lucrative and far more likely to bear fruit with what would be significant investment in the womens game, but would get you nowhere in the mens game?

I can’t honestly see us getting near the top of that ladder Reno.
    They would still sell the best in this category just like they do with the men's.

Barnsley FC (Women) have just been promoted to the Men's equivalent of the Fourth Division (Tier 4), a league named The Women's National Division One North, one of four regional leagues in Tier 4

Tier 3 has two leagues, The Women's Premier North and Women's Premier South

Tier 2 is the single Women's Championship

Tier 1..Three more promotions are needed to reach the WSL (Women's Super League) with wages gradually increasing from part time to full time.

Without lessening the achievements of Jess's team this year they have been playing in what is, in effect, a regional amateur league. I am informed it is a big jump in quality to Tier 4 from this season's Tier 5. Interest would wane if the women found it a struggle next season.

Attendances of 10,000+ and any worthwhile prize money is only in the WSL. As lovely a person as JAQ may be I am not sure she and Parekh would keep subsidising the Women for years to come before the WSL is reached playing the Man City's, Arsenal's and Chelsea's

Nice thought though.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-05-2024 at 01:24 PM.

I can't see it myself Renno.