+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next up - Celtic

Next up - Celtic

Are we worth a flutter at 5/1? - view external link

re: Next up - Celtic

I thought would be more considering our performances against them this season nope I will be keeping my hard earned cash in my pocket im afraid

Can't see anything other than the same gutless performance that we produced against them the other three occasions we played them this season.

Celtic will probably field a side somewhat short of full strength but they still have plenty of fire power in them and with our defence and excuse for a goalkeeper then they will take quite a few off us yet again, no doubt whilst we play right into their hands and stand off and let them come at us, whilst at the other end we'll be lucky if we have a shot on goal. After the inevitable drubbing McCall will tell us that Celtic are the best team in Scotland and no one could live with them in that form, but we'll learn our lessons bla bla bla.

I'll be giving this one a miss personally, as the prospect of shelling out to watch us bend over and get rode dry by an under strengthed Celtic side and having to endure their supporters before , during and after the game isn't my idea of an enjoyable Saturday afternoon.

Can't find anything to disagree above with tbh but I live in hope. As someone said previously, isn't this a time of miracles and rising from the dead?

Only thing i disagree with is if every fan in scotland decided not to go to a game because they thought their team would be beaten their would be a lot of emptier stadiums as even though i agree with most of post for a change i will be their saturday as usual supporting my team.

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    Only thing i disagree with is if every fan in scotland decided not to go to a game because they thought their team would be beaten their would be a lot of emptier stadiums
    this does happen already, and is why there is such a disproportionate number of O.F "fans". If any other team got close to winning the league, the fair weather cup final folk would be flocking to the stadium.

Anyway, regarding the match. Celtic could field a team of randoms from the stand and still win. I expect nothing less that a skelping, with McCall telling us.. "you can't live with them when in that form". I will consider a shot on target progress.

Whilst I'm not saying we'll win on Saturday, the criticism of Stuart McCall seems more than a little harsh given that we beat them TWICE at Fir Park last season scoring 5 goals in the process!

Quote Originally Posted by COUTTSY
    Whilst I'm not saying we'll win on Saturday, the criticism of Stuart McCall seems more than a little harsh given that we beat them TWICE at Fir Park last season scoring 5 goals in the process!
    Very Good point!. I sometimes wonder about the amount of negativity on here.Like yourself,I am NOT saying we will win, but I do agree that the team, and manager, do not get the credit they deserve

I am sure that Stuart McCall would agree he has made mistakes, however running a team on a budget as small as his, and still being in contention for a European slot, deserves a lot of Praise.

Quote Originally Posted by COUTTSY
    That's true but sadly that was very much the exception to the rule where our record in these types of games under McCall go. Nine times out of ten we are beaten before a ball is kicked and deploy a 'tactic' to try and prevent them from scoring by standing off them and inviting them on to us, which never works as we are not capable of playing like that and thus we end up going down with a whimper and getting hammered as has happened three times this season against Celtic.

Stuart McCall has done a decent enough job in his time at Motherwell, no one can seriously deny that, however I'm just not a fan of him and perhaps that does cloud my judgement of him at times. I do though feel that he has let us down when it has really mattered, ie. in impor

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    That's true but sadly that was very much the exception to the rule where our record in these types of games under McCall go. Nine times out of ten we are beaten before a ball is kicked and deploy a 'tactic' to try and prevent them from scoring by standing off them and inviting them on to us, which never works as we are not capable of playing like that and thus we end up going down with a whimper and getting hammered as has happened three times this season against Celtic.

Stuart McCall has done a decent enough job in his time at Motherwell, no one can seriously deny that, however I'm just not a fan of him and perhaps that does cloud my judgement of him at times. I do though feel that he has let

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)