+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T greedy coogan

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Always makes me smile on here posters who are critical of greedy "left wing" folk (rightly so by the way) but are totally uncritical of greedy right wing folk. Yes have a go at Coogan but why not have a go at the Murdochs of this world? If you don't this makes you hypocritical as well...just a thought for balance...
    I've never really thought of Coogan being left wing.

He's about as tory as you can get when it comes to wealth protection. He's one of that big band of luvvies that crack on being caring, sharing and "connected" to whatever cause puts a good light on them. But all along they are just protecting their financial assets.

Coogan, Walliams, Fry, Bono, Geldof, Baddiel, Brand (both of them), Hislop, Elton etc etc there's a whole host of them.

Not sure about Bono but yes you are right.

...and yet you are still proving my point...

This annoys me more because I enjoy his work but can’t see why he’d take tax payers money.

Couldn’t give a feck about his political leaning though.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Always makes me smile on here posters who are critical of greedy "left wing" folk (rightly so by the way) but are totally uncritical of greedy right wing folk. Yes have a go at Coogan but why not have a go at the Murdochs of this world? If you don't this makes you hypocritical as well...just a thought for balance...
    The point is that Coogan was having a go at Murdoch while working for him and earning a lot of money for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Don’t understand this at all.
    Are they full time working for him or self employed?
    They must be paying paye for companies to qualify for furlough payments.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    If he is an employer who is likely to lose income due to Coronavirus and make cutbacks accordingly, why shouldn't he use a tax payer funded scheme for its intended purpose? He is a tax payer after all, being left wing doesn't mean he operates in an alternate business reality.
    I think the moral argument has passed you by John. This guy is very low especially after some of the left wing nonsense hes thrown around

Read that the two workers can’t travel (too far) and they can’t self distance

Definitely BS somewhere

I don't care if he's left wing right wing or he's a fullback, he's a full on ****er. Maybe all the drugs he's put up his nose and all the alcohol he's drunk has puddled his judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I think the moral argument has passed you by John. This guy is very low especially after some of the left wing nonsense hes thrown around
    Putting the moral argument aside. Why cant left wing people furlough staff? There are very many profitable compnanies who could well afford to cover wages that furloughed.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    No, I don't think it has. If you think a tax payer using a tax payer funded scheme for its intended purpose is immoral because of their political views I think you don't understand how society works.

There are many things I think need changing in society - maybe I think I should pay more tax - but if I campaign for higher taxes I'm not obligated to write in a higher number on my tax return or immoral if I don't. We all have to play by the same rules even if we think they're broken.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast