+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: james Collins back for the Barcodes game.

james Collins back for the Barcodes game.

West Ham United*have received another major fitness boost ahead of the clash with*Newcastle United*at Upton Park this weekend.

Although James Tomkins is suspended from the sending off at Cardiff City, reports inside the club are that James Collins is likely to recover from a calf injury to replace him.

The makeshift Hammers have been mixing and matching at the back for several weeks as the team has been decimated with injuries.

But the news of Collins is a massive boost along with the imminent return of Winston Reid in two weeks which was also reported exclusively on this site yesterday (Monday).

He will be returning in time for the clash against Chelsea but for now all eyes are focused on the Newcastle game and the Collins news is a major fillip for boss Sam Allardyce.

The manager has been tearing his hair out as he was reported ahead of his vote of confidence that he could guarantee Premier League survival but needed his key players back

A source told*SportsDirect News*exclusiv

re: james Collins back for the Barcodes game.

as i said on the cardiff match thread, our backline looks weak without any of our 'big three', but with just one of them returning automatically makes it look exponentially better.

Good! Can't have Mcartney in the centre anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by OZHAMMER

exponentially
    Good word.

I can't imagine it being said in an Aussie accent though.

be great if true, but. - view external link

I would seem our clubs normal response when asked about player returns "no return date"

Better to say nothing than tell a specific date and it don't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzosbest74

exponentially
    Good word.

I can't imagine it being said in an Aussie accent though. [/quote]

frig me, i only just noticed this snipe!

is collins injured? he didn't even make the bench...

Rested I guess..

Why wasnt Chambers given a run out in a dead rubber. What did we learn about Taylor in that R Back position?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeveep
    Rested I guess..

Why wasnt Chambers given a run out in a dead rubber. What did we learn about Taylor in that R Back position?
    thanks mike.

totally agree with chambers...

taylor ffs he has played a couple of decent (not great) games, and he has played his way back into favour... it's jonathan spector all over again

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)