+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January signing

January signing

Yohan cabaye.

Our number 1 target and already the daves have put the feelers out

re: January signing

He's valued at £20 million on transfer market! Ok, not realistically worth that but still going to be between £10-12 million of anyone's money. Just not ours. Not a chance we'd sign him especially with Man Ure and Liverpool sniffing around. Besides, who do you drop to play him? He's not going to want to warm the bench.

January we need a cb, a 'keeper since Jussi's knocking on a bit now and Spiegel doesn't seem to be able to get a look in. Another fullback (either flank) wouldn't do any harm either.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDWhizz
    January... a 'keeper since Jussi's knocking on a bit now and Spiegel doesn't seem to be able to get a look in.
    Is Spiegel no good?

Quote Originally Posted by Taansend
    January... a 'keeper since Jussi's knocking on a bit now and Spiegel doesn't seem to be able to get a look in.
    Is Spiegel no good?[/quote]

It's not a case of being no good, it's a case of experience and he doesn't seem to be getting any. Went on loan to Crawley and didn't get a game. He plays for the development squad but that isn't going to prepare him for the 1st XI in all honesty.

He's only 21 so has plenty of time to take the step up. I reckon though, signing an experienced gk as cover for a couple of seasons wouldn't be a bad move at all, especially since I expect Jussi to either retire or not get a new contract at the end of this season.

Is Spiegel no good?[/quote]

It's not a case of being no good, it's a case of experience and he doesn't seem to be getting any. Went on loan to Crawley and didn't get a game. He plays for the development squad but that isn't going to prepare him for the 1st XI in all honesty.

He's only 21 so has plenty of time to take the step up. I reckon though, signing an experienced gk as cover for a couple of seasons wouldn't be a bad move at all, especially since I expect Jussi to either retire or not get a new contract at the end of this season.[/quote]

If Jussi is out at the end of the season doesn't that mean Spiegel will get more experience

Would you put in a gk who has no real league experience let alone PL experience?

Would you put in a gk who has no real league experience let alone PL experience?
    If I thought he was talented enough I would. I have no idea how good Spiegel is (other than he has a really cool) but if our goalkeeping coaches thought he could do a job I'd take the chance.

Keeper is on the agenda and its likely to be the Southend keeper, part of reason why we are playing them tomorrow. As well as Carroll getting game time.

We want cabaye for 7-8 and a long way short of what PSG want but cabaye wants back to England.

Also Reid will sign by west brom game.

At one time I would have laughed about us getting Cabaye but now it does not seem so far fetched.

I just hope our present position is not another of our "false dawns"

Can but dream..

Never mind having a seventh Centre back or a third left back..those areas are managable. But to have a creative midfielder like Cabaye would really put the icing on our presently quite tasty cake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)