+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anybody actually expect....

does anybody actually expect....

.... any signings?

any we do get would be last minute bargain / panic signings.

most of the day will be spent trying to ship out Krul, Colback, Haidara, Saivet, Lazaar etc.

then there could be the added bonus of selling Gayle or Mitro to end another window in profit.

I've remained as positive as possible throughout all the unrest and rumours, but I'm feeling extremely underwhelmed at the moment.

I still fail to see how anybody can blame Rafa. he set out his plans and they have not been executed.

it could be a long long season.

I do expect us to get players in. At least 1 permanent and 1 loanee in, preferably 2 signed permanently but at this stage i'd settle for two.

I don't think Gayle/Mitro will go unless we have a replacement signed.

a squad player on loan,with 2 or 3 going out

the southurn plastic's wall paper at sports(socks to c0cneys) direct HQ will get a few more quid in the coffers!

ashleys skript wrighters are preparing a tearfull sky interview as we speak

as I said, panic signings.

Southampton's reserve left back on loan? (latest to be linked)

I still think we are more bothered about who we can get OUT of the door

Dear me!
    Last edited by waalsendmick; 31-08-2017 at 08:41 AM.

sky now claiming Lucas Perez is the most likely player to join Newcastle today

If we dont sign players today, it will be a season in the bottom 3.

Lads, what you're forgetting now is we now have an ambitious manager in control who has full responsibility of who he wants to sign...

These last 2 summers have been our most productive yet with Rafa in charge and that's why I'm sure we'll get at least 1 good addition through the door today, ideally 2 or 3.

I think we'll sign a left back and a striker... Maybe 2 if Gayle is sold.

Chin up and have faith, yes they control the money but Rafa does have a budget with players in mind and I'm sure he's gonna help get the job done today and as long as Charnley has the capacity to hold a phone call conversation then we'll get players in and out the door.

Lazaar and Colback will defo go, still surprised Krul hasn't gone but tbh I think Rafa only wanted Reina rather than actually feeling he needed another keeper and the tabloids have gone with it and linked us to every keeper going, so unless Reina is joining us instead of PSG I don't think we'll sign another keeper.

I want to see Woodman given a chance tbh.

Either way there's gonna be positive activity today!

HTL

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRock View Post
    Lads, what you're forgetting now is we now have an ambitious manager in control who has full responsibility of who he wants to sign...

These last 2 summers have been our most productive yet with Rafa in charge and that's why I'm sure we'll get at least 1 good addition through the door today, ideally 2 or 3.

I think we'll sign a left back and a striker... Maybe 2 if Gayle is sold.

Chin up and have faith, yes they control the money but Rafa does have a budget with players in mind and I'm sure he's gonna help get the job done today and as long as Charnley has the capacity to hold a phone call conversation then we'll get players in and out the door.

Lazaar and Colback will defo go, still surprised Krul hasn't gone but tbh I think Rafa only wanted Reina rather than actually feeling he needed another keeper and the tabloids have gone with it and linked us to every keeper going, so unless Reina is joining us instead of PSG I don't think we'll sign another keeper.

I want to see Woodman given a chance tbh.

Either way there's gonna be positive activity today!

HTL
    I admire your optimism, but, I don't share it.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I admire your optimism, but, I don't share it.
    I think somewhere in between. A bit of activity, more out than in and a surprise we didn't (or most of us) expect coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    as I said, panic signings.

Southampton's reserve left back on loan? (latest to be linked)

I still think we are more bothered about who we can get OUT of the door

Dear me!
    To be fair, every time i've seen Targett play he's been decent, wouldn't mind getting him in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)