+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hewitson and Patterson out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Only Team in The Bible View Post
    I think we sometimes forget Queens status in Scottish Football. We would be way
    overachieving if we were to make it into the SPL, I do think we should probably be a comfortable Championship Side, and are we really that far from achieving that?

I also don't know who they think is waiting to take over at Palmerston? I'm afraid if I had money, I wouldn't be throwing at Queens! I don't know Hewitson, but Craig and Mark are among the most die-hard Queens fans that I know and I certainly don't think we could bring anyone in who would care more about our club.

Our previous Chairman, with the best of intentions, overstretched the club and almost bankrupt us. Nice as it was at the time, I'd rather be a Queens fan than, say, a Gretna fan.

Be careful what you wish for.
    I wonder if Livingston, Ross county, Inverness, etc ever thought the same. They are clubs of a similar size to queens yet they are in, or have recently been, in the spl. The bottom line is that the club are showing absolutely no ambition, and if we are not in a position to have the ambition then why don’t the board come out and say why. If the reasons were valid then the supporters would understand the situation and there would be a lot less criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Only Team in The Bible View Post
    I think we sometimes forget Queens status in Scottish Football. We would be way
    overachieving if we were to make it into the SPL, I do think we should probably be a comfortable Championship Side, and are we really that far from achieving that?

I also don't know who they think is waiting to take over at Palmerston? I'm afraid if I had money, I wouldn't be throwing at Queens! I don't know Hewitson, but Craig and Mark are among the most die-hard Queens fans that I know and I certainly don't think we could bring anyone in who would care more about our club.

Our previous Chairman, with the best of intentions, overstretched the club and almost bankrupt us. Nice as it was at the time, I'd rather be a Queens fan than, say, a Gretna fan.

Be careful what you wish for.

hay pal what the problem is with that statement is stagnation your actually promoting stagnation as acceptable with that statement ,pitty the dumfries public dont share this view as thay are deserting in droves ,if queens ambition is to just stay avoiding relegation every season in the championship at 18 quid a head to watch it this club will go bust in the next few seasons ,most people in dumfries are sick of the sight of the usual grind in the championship mate ,its now exhausted ,we need to take the next step to assure the survival of the club .

Morning folks, - here's my tuppence worth.

Firstly, - I thought the BOD's statement of what the club has achieved over the last 21 months is incredible, despite the pandemic, - yet still some people on this outlet want blood! Good God, - if the keyboard warriors did one tenth of what the club has done, - they would be worthy of listening to.

Secondly, for those who haven't watched Queens this season, they have been extremely unlucky and should have had an extra 10 or 12 points for all their efforts, - meaning they would be in a play off position and no one would be moaning then.

Thirdly, Queens swamped Ayr on Saturday, - but despite scoring 3 goals, they should have had 6 or 7, and once again thy hit the bar before scoring. They were a wee bit slack at times defensively, and I was furious at Nditi picking up an unnecessary yellow for a pointless foul in his own half on a player who was going nowhere, - but over the piece, they were so far ahead of the opposition, - it was actually embarrassing for Ayr Utd.

So to conclude: We have a team who are in a false position - and who should easily move up the table; a manager who is encouraging great football; a BOD who are achieving miracles off the park and promising to bring in new players in January; a Pandemic which threatens to close down football again leaving the BOD to foot the bill, - yet some of you want the BOD to quit?

There's an old adage that not everything in life is perfect, but you don't know just how good it is until it's gone, - I'd b very, very careful what you wish for folks.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Morning folks, - here's my tuppence worth.

Firstly, - I thought the BOD's statement of what the club has achieved over the last 21 months is incredible, despite the pandemic, - yet still some people on this outlet want blood! Good God, - if the keyboard warriors did one tenth of what the club has done, - they would be worthy of listening to.

Secondly, for those who haven't watched Queens this season, they have been extremely unlucky and should have had an extra 10 or 12 points for all their efforts, - meaning they would be in a play off position and no one would be moaning then.

Thirdly, Queens swamped Ayr on Saturday, - but despite scoring 3 goals, they should have had 6 or 7, and once again thy hit the bar before scoring. They were a wee bit slack at times defensively, and I was furious at Nditi picking up an unnecessary yellow for a pointless foul in his own half on a player who was going nowhere, - but over the piece, they were so far ahead of the opposition, - it was actually embarrassing for Ayr Utd.

So to conclude: We have a team who are in a false position - and who should easily move up the table; a manager who is encouraging great football; a BOD who are achieving miracles off the park and promising to bring in new players in January; a Pandemic which threatens to close down football again leaving the BOD to foot the bill, - yet some of you want the BOD to quit?

There's an old adage that not everything in life is perfect, but you don't know just how good it is until it's gone, - I'd b very, very careful what you wish for folks.

what your saying jardi is all good in a perfect senario but the problem is the fan base dont share this view how many fans of queens do you think share your posts view ,i suggest possibly maybe 2 to 300 tops ,queens will go bust if thay keep catering to the dwindling few ,the queens board need to target the fans who are staying away and also the potential thousands more that demand alot more ,how long do you think queens can survive moving along with this current system you agree with ,i cant see it being more than 2 or 3 years tops until queens are either bottom league cannon fodder or out of business completely .the club have to try to cater for the masses rather than the esily pleased few .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    what your saying jardi is all good in a perfect senario but the problem is the fan base dont share this view how many fans of queens do you think share your posts view ,i suggest possibly maybe 2 to 300 tops ,queens will go bust if thay keep catering to the dwindling few ,the queens board need to target the fans who are staying away and also the potential thousands more that demand alot more ,how long do you think queens can survive moving along with this current system you agree with ,i cant see it being more than 2 or 3 years tops until queens are either bottom league cannon fodder or out of business completely .the club have to try to cater for the masses rather than the esily pleased few .
    Take away the number of visiting fans Queens home support at Palmy in the league is under 1,000

There's a train of thought that those fans who stay away are not true fans in the truest sense of the word. Again there would be those who would suggest you follow your team through thick and thin and for the love of football regardless of who a set of directors/manager/players are. You're talking about extinction but staying away is not helping that scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    There's a train of thought that those fans who stay away are not true fans in the truest sense of the word. Again there would be those who would suggest you follow your team through thick and thin and for the love of football regardless of who a set of directors/manager/players are. You're talking about extinction but staying away is not helping that scenario
    352 I fully agree. I for one have missed one home game this season and will continue to turn up every second Saturday to support the club. However this is the point I disagree with jardi. The very fact I, along with every other fan who doesn’t like the way the club is being run, has every right to express there concerns and for me the lack of transparency is only leading to more suspicion. Yes we have had one post from the board in god knows how many months and it has been well documented that there have been a number of questions asked of the board that they have failed to answer. And as for the performances on the park. Yes ayr were totally dominated, but as I’ve said before it was the worst ayr side I have seen in years. When I have seen them play the teams at the top at palmy it’s been queens that have generally been on the receiving end. Arbroath, Inverness and yes killie as we didn’t create a chance although we defended manfully. The only two games where we competed were against raith and Patrick. That coupled with the performance against cove tells me we are just not good enough to compete at the top end of the league and that the league isn’t lying. So jardi we will have to agree to disagree on that one. The one thing I live in hope for, and it may well be blind hope, is improvement. We have a young squad with a number of handy players that, with a season under there belts at this level, along with a decent front man and a strong midfielder of the McKenna ilk, then we may well be competing next season at the top level.
    Now if that is the plan of the board then why the hell not just come out and say. That would stop all the suspicion and unhappiness with the way things are going. Because the way things are being ran atm, we will be playing in the lower leagues as crowds will continue to dwindle and the money will get less as a result.
    Football is an entertainment business and people will turn out if they are winning and being entertained. That has been proven in the past when we were averaging 2 to 3 thousand at games. Yes we had bigger teams in the league but the queens fans also turned out as we competed with teams that are now top spl sides and made palmy into a place nobody liked to visit. Can we say that now? With our home record?
    And for those that say we should know our place in Scottish football, I totally disagree. There are a number of clubs who are similar in size or even arguably smaller to ourselves that are either in the spl or fighting to get to the spl. Why the hell can’t we be the same?
    Francis is right in that respect. We have showed very little ambition in recent years and this is now being reflected in the attendances. And that is not down to the manager in my opinion, that is down to the board who have failed to properly invest in the team or the youth policy. We have a huge catchment area for support and getting young players in. From the north of England to Stranraer to Lanarkshire and beyond. This is what was happening only a few seasons back but that has all came to a sudden halt. That is showing a bit of ambition, coupled with getting players on longer contracts (which is starting to get done) to allow the manager to build and develop a side that makes the club something that the people of Dumfries would be proud of. I could go on and on but I’ll leave it at that for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post

that way of thinking is why alot of these fans the club need dont turn up ,iv attended more queens games than the majority bar a very chosen few over the years and iv grown sick of the way the clubs ran ,and with that attitude from the die hard fans do you expect the stay away fans just to turn up and give hewitson there cash when he shows those fans zero respect ??

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    that way of thinking is why alot of these fans the club need dont turn up ,iv attended more queens games than the majority bar a very chosen few over the years and iv grown sick of the way the clubs ran ,and with that attitude from the die hard fans do you expect the stay away fans just to turn up and give hewitson there cash when he shows those fans zero respect ??

You’ve not been to a Queens game this season. FACT

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    You’ve not been to a Queens game this season. FACT

whos talking about this season and yes i have attended a few games this season fact iv attended more games than youv had hot dinners over the years johnny and thats a fact so come back in about 15 years after youv got to around near to my attendance figures before spouting your crap .that wouyld prob have to be 15 years of you attending every match home and away just to come close ,how many fans at queens have went over 15 seasons without missing a match home or away ,not many i can assure you from 1983 to 1999 i only mist one match as thats cause i stuck the head into a policeman at partick in that space of time .since between 2000 and 2018 lucky if i mist 5 games a season ho,e or away ,its the last few seasons where iv been pist off with our lack of ambition that iv only attended the chosen few games ,so as i say come back when tyou can spout a better attendance than that ya numpty lol .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 21-12-2021 at 08:42 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)