+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferran Torres bid?

Ferran Torres bid?

https://sportwitness.co.uk/newcastle...ter-city-e55m/

Apparently we've offered €15m + €5m bonuses which seems laughable considering Barca have a release clause of an insane 1Billion Euros.

We know Barca have major financial issues however, I really don't know if they are going to want to lose 35m Euro on the player they bought from City for 55m.

Atleast it's the calibre of player we should be targeting.

Pretty sure this is all paper talk but thought it worth a bit of debate on the board.

What do you lads recon?

Wow. Thats a low ball bid. It looks like a starting point though to be fair. Hesurely can't have depreciated by that much? Must be something more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Wow. Thats a low ball bid. It looks like a starting point though to be fair. Hesurely can't have depreciated by that much? Must be something more to it.
    It's too low. Unrealistically low. Like a fictional story low.

Either that or the club are really feel that Barca are so desperate financially that they're not far away from his exit valuation.

Would be amazing, real coup to capture Torres' signature and at, even, around £25-30million we'll have made out like bandits!

TBH not sure what kind of money he's on salary wise. No doubt he'd be signed on something at around those on the top tier players a la Bruno. £175,000-£200,000 / week.

The word is that the club is gonna bring in a WOW signing in July.

See how this one pans out.

His wages are £300K apperently.

I really can't see us matching that. To Bruno's level yes - but £300K. . . I struggle.

Would be a hell of a signing though.

As you have said much to low bid unlss Barca are desperate.

Shy bairns get nowt I suppose… they can only say no.

Barca seem absolutely hamstrung at the minute, and they could well go through a massive decline a la Man Utd!!!

When R Madrid are tearing up the rule book with the same apparent exemptions of Chelsea, City and PSG then it’s hard to compete

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    Barca seem absolutely hamstrung at the minute, and they could well go through a massive decline a la Man Utd!!!

When R Madrid are tearing up the rule book with the same apparent exemptions of Chelsea, City and PSG then it’s hard to compete

The fight against the Fascist regime of the Catalunyan people, Barca F.C. were emblematic of their resistance.

Through the 90s-00s the Xavi, Inesta, Puyol, Ronaldinho etc years. Just a magnificent team.

The politics of the club destroyed the institution. They went from generating the world's greatest football talent at la Masia to almost bankruptcy squandering hundreds of millions of Euros on Courtinho etc.

Such a said state of affairs to see their demise.

With the rules the way they are currently, we can't afford to pay 300 grand wages.

Is he that good?
    I remember he scored a hat-traick against us, but after that not like he was a huge hit at Barcelona. 15 goals in 80 app in 3 seasons La Liga.
    I also dont like someone to be highest earner in the club just through the door. I think one should earn it in bw shirt.

OT, that Musiala looked good last night.

It was Scotland like but still.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)