+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversaries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    If you read through the full Patullo article, after he gets past the "better than a trophy" part (which will be a source of embarrassment to the more level-headed Dundee supporters who would rather not be portrayed as so small-minded) the article is almost a love letter to United. He ladles on the praise and gives an outsider's assessment of a very good team.
    He certainly wouldn't be the first journo who submitted an article to his publication, and then was unimpressed by the efforts of a sub-editor desperate fo find an attention-grabbing headline.
    If anything, Patullo gives great respect to United, albeit in a grudging fashion of a rival. It is an examination of what it is like to be a fan of a club whose neighbour is more successful, like Everton fans, or Manchester City (before the oil money) fans.
    On other subjects, and other football teams, Patullo is a good writer.
    And I am a huge fan of Nutmeg magazine. It portrays Scottish football in a grown-up and thoughtful manner, beyond the stuck-in-the-past way that Off The Ball (for instance) carries on with its childish soundalike daftness (let's hear your ideas for a potato-themed XI harharhar!) it has been doing since the early 1990s. Football supporters have moved on from that.
    In my opinion.
    You'll get banned from here... you're meant to call Patullo names😄

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Their main stand is second hand.
    "Their main stand is second hand"
    Don't confuse with big red hand,
    Maybe add an orange band,
    Just to lend a helping hand...……. (tooooooooooo many hands I know)

Mon now GB …………No like you to miss a trick

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    You'll get banned from here... you're meant to call Patullo names��
    So given that peter, I take it you are one of the level headed who would rather not be embarrassed nor portrayed as small minded over the ‘Doon’ Derby? Well done Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    "Their main stand is second hand"
    Don't confuse with big red hand,
    Maybe add an orange band,
    Just to lend a helping hand...……. (tooooooooooo many hands I know)

Mon now GB …………No like you to miss a trick

Twa hundred horses from all over the land,
    helped to deliver TheAuldHunStand,
    it came fae Govan in a million bits,
    and was reassembled by a team of tits.

How's that Yeatsie boy?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Twa hundred horses from all over the land,
    helped to deliver TheAuldHunStand,
    it came fae Govan in a million bits,
    and was reassembled by a team of tits.

How's that Yeatsie boy?.
    Pretty good as per GB

Shame it didn't come fae Govan in a million punts tho

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Pretty good as per GB

Shame it didn't come fae Govan in a million punts tho
    Mair restricted views in that one stand,
    than in any other across Scotland,
    but its been advantageous to many Dees,
    cos Ralphies chip they could not see.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    So given that peter, I take it you are one of the level headed who would rather not be embarrassed nor portrayed as small minded over the ‘Doon’ Derby? Well done Sir!
    You know my feelings on the Doon Derby and more pleasingly I know yours...fob it off anyway you like but I know and you know the majority of your mob were scared to turn up in your Team's hour of need cause you knew we were putting you down and you couldn't bare it... I'll never be embarrassed winning a Derby and yeah pretty level headed I think!

You know my feelings on the Doon Derby and more pleasingly I know yours...fob it off anyway you like but I know and you know the majority of your mob were scared to turn up in your Team's hour of need cause you knew we were putting you down and you couldn't bare it... I'll never be embarrassed winning a Derby and yeah pretty level headed I think!

I turned up for that game. After the season we had had, if it wasn't mathematically certain that week, then it would have been the next. However in a way I am glad you Dees finally in my lifetime had something to crow about.

I never could understand why young people had attached themselves to the Dee but their reward came when they went along and their team put a nail in our already built coffin.

Petty you didn't consolidate yourself in the Premiership in our absence. My prediction is if you don't go bust that you will spend another 50 years in our shadow.

Perhaps a rich American will come along and transform you- build a new stadium and everything. I don't think that has already happened has it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post

I never could understand why young people had attached themselves to the Dee but their reward came when they went along and their team put a nail in our already built coffin.

With that way of thinking we should all support Celtic and be done with it🤔🤔🤔🤔

With that way of thinking we should all support Celtic and be done with it��������
    Morning Peter.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)