+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v The Anchor Man’s Kilmarnock

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    butT hEE n1vfEr OnE thE cuPWINneRs CUp 1nNIt
    Nothing to do with that.
    Apart from the odd occasion it was boring to watch
    Granted his predecessor taught him well

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It was a good win today and it could have been more severe for The Anchor Man’s Kilmarnock. Ash Taylor got the goal against us but is he not Kilmarnock’s top goalscorer this season? He had his best passing game I have seen him play at Pittodrie as he was hitting long diagonals and they were decent for a change. Good to see we were a good bit in front of them though. A big gulf in quality between the two teams going by today’s showing. Well done Dons.
    Good points - Taylor did have a good game and some notable passes. And a well-taken goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Good points - Taylor did have a good game and some notable passes. And a well-taken goal!
    I’m a big critic of everyone back defending a corner, but leaving three up for a Kilmarnock corner with the dinosaur-like physique of Taylor in the box was asking for trouble. I remember Johnny Hayes saying that opposition defenders told him that Taylor was their most feared opponent at corners.

He was a good stopper for us once he learned nae to try to be George Best in his own box, the daft ****.

Ramadani was our star player today.

And that was a Fannies’ Penalty for our second goal.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 01-10-2022 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    We will need to be better from crosses into our box…we look suspect and Taylor typified that with his header (in fairness he took it well). I would like to see Miovski, Duk and Ramirez all play at the same time even if it was for the last 15-20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I’m a big critic of everyone back defending a corner, but leaving three up for a Kilmarnock corner with the dinosaur-like physique of Taylor in the box was asking for trouble. I remember Johnny Hayes saying that opposition defenders told him that Taylor was their most feared opponent at corners.

He was a good stopper for us once he learned nae to try to be George Best in his own box, the daft ****.

Ramadani was our star player today.

And that was a Fannies’ Penalty for our second goal.
    Yes, he’s a lump of a lad - confirmed when I saw him in the flesh walking down Schoolhill with coffee in hand a few years back.

Sometimes the players that go relatively unnoticed is a good thing - Jack the rattler is a case in point - though I did notice Ramadami today doing some Sterling stuff.

Thought Coulson and McRorie were excellent, too.

No penalty for the Miovski second goal, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We will need to be better from crosses into our box…we look suspect and Taylor typified that with his header (in fairness he took it well). I would like to see Miovski, Duk and Ramirez all play at the same time even if it was for the last 15-20 minutes.
    They missed a sitter too 30 odd minutes in!

It was a penalty, a tangle of legs fair enough but even the exceedingly boring killie commentator on hesgoal said it was a penalty.

Roberts does indeed look completely out of his depth.
    He actually got past a Kilmarnock defender today, first time for everything I suppose.

He was a brain-dead Kilmarnock numpty though, so no penalty as he said it was one. And when he went past the defender THAT time, he missed the obvious pass to Ramirez. Balls has sacked him anyway, so his career’s undoubtedly finished.

At least the boy Morris actually tries and can get past a player which is more than can be said for Matty Kennedy.

Still not sure why some people are saying Kennedy had a good game today,he gave the ball away on numerous occasions which would have cost us against a better side.

His reluctance to put in a cross is justified when he does eventually try to put one in as it’s usually abysmal.

League 1 player at best,Morris is only 20 so he has time to improve.Kennedy on the other hand is never going to get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    At least the boy Morris actually tries and can get past a player which is more than can be said for Matty Kennedy.

Still not sure why some people are saying Kennedy had a good game today,he gave the ball away on numerous occasions which would have cost us against a better side.

His reluctance to put in a cross is justified when he does eventually try to put one in as it’s usually abysmal.

League 1 player at best,Morris is only 20 so he has time to improve.Kennedy on the other hand is never going to get any better.
    Pish min,Kennedy was decent today,as for Morris...He's useless

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast