+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: SSBs (a) 25th April SC Quarters

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Im not one to bother too much about what team someone supports, and in this case i think TB is on the windup with most of his posts. If it comes to the point where Arabs are deciding to stop posting because of an apparent lack of action, then you may just be allowing TB to achieve his objective.

I cannot put my finger on exactly why he comes on here to post, but with football as tribal as we ourselves demonstrate at times, i cannot believe that his visits are with good intentions!
    maybe he is just looking for banter? but if he is ssb then he wont get it there so maybe he is on total wind up. The celtic comment was fine i didnt see it as sectarian and trust me i live in hvn land central here in glasgow. i must say to Teddy though where were the fireworks that have plagued glasgow after every rangers game on sunday. I so wanted some flares and fireworks to let off (tangerine of course).

Whilst I have deep hatred for Sevco and their fans, I find Peter to be far more annoying and inflammatory. John Gotti also got far more freedom on here to incense people than TB before he was eventually booted.

Im not one to bother too much about what team someone supports, and in this case i think TB is on the windup with most of his posts. If it comes to the point where Arabs are deciding to stop posting because of an apparent lack of action, then you may just be allowing TB to achieve his objective.

I cannot put my finger on exactly why he comes on here to post, but with football as tribal as we ourselves demonstrate at times, i cannot believe that his visits are with good intentions!
    Fair point Chick. Through experience most of us have developed a hatred and mistrust of OF fans especially - with good reason/s. When we do come across one of their supporters who seems reasonable we naturally begin looking for a motive. Maybe it's my age and/or the amount of moving around I have done but I no longer feel any kind of intimidation from the OF freaks (I'm talking face to face not on forums) - most of them are as shallow as phuck. If TB has any kind of ulterior motive by posting on other teams forums then he is the one who is making an ar$e of himself. Personally, I think he enjoys having some banter with real football fans instead of the knuckle dragging ar$eholes who follow the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Fair point Chick. Through experience most of us have developed a hatred and mistrust of OF fans especially - with good reason/s. When we do come across one of their supporters who seems reasonable we naturally begin looking for a motive. Maybe it's my age and/or the amount of moving around I have done but I no longer feel any kind of intimidation from the OF freaks (I'm talking face to face not on forums) - most of them are as shallow as phuck. If TB has any kind of ulterior motive by posting on other teams forums then he is the one who is making an ar$e of himself. Personally, I think he enjoys having some banter with real football fans instead of the knuckle dragging ar$eholes who follow the OF.
    Shoot me - but a lot of my close friends now are ars£ cheeks. But many have come to finals with me and odd game they are born rangers or celtic fans but not rabid. There is a difference sometimes and you can tell it. Mind you one of my ex best mates is a multi millionaire and a horrible bigot (behind folks backs) we have had drunken fights at times - when he was building his company i got on great with him after we agreed not to talk football. Dont really see him now - from Lewis originally and well had inbred thoughts i guess. Shame as his whiskey was immense. But there are some ok erse cheeks not many but some.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Shoot me - but a lot of my close friends now are ars£ cheeks. But many have come to finals with me and odd game they are born rangers or celtic fans but not rabid. There is a difference sometimes and you can tell it. Mind you one of my ex best mates is a multi millionaire and a horrible bigot (behind folks backs) we have had drunken fights at times - when he was building his company i got on great with him after we agreed not to talk football. Dont really see him now - from Lewis originally and well had inbred thoughts i guess. Shame as his whiskey was immense. But there are some ok erse cheeks not many but some.
    I know what you mean SB71 - it's easy to label OF fans. I have mates/acquaintances who are OF fans and they are good people. However, they are very much in the minority. Because of a new nuclear build in the area where I live there are quite a few Scots working here and a lot of them are OF fans. It makes me cringe when I see them swaggering about the place in their colours and assuming that everyone in the world is interested in them. I'm still hopeful of converting the local population into supporting United as their Scottish team

We've had one poster leave purely because they cannot handle a Rangers fan on this forum (their admittance). In my opinion, that is not reason enough to ban the poster in question. That's JJ's issue with living in the West and hating Huns so much (again an admittance). There's always the ignore function for people to use, let's not forget that.

If Teddy had continued to post in the same vein as he was before his warning, he would have been banned. 100%. He isn't though. His posts lately have been fine, if somewhat bizarre. I for one will never understand why anyone would want to post on another clubs message board, but each to their own I guess.

As Offshore said. Its a football forum. A bit of fun. If folk can't handle the simplest of things like an opposing teams fan on this board to the point that they want to leave, then it's maybe not the right place for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Whilst I have deep hatred for Sevco and their fans, I find Peter to be far more annoying and inflammatory. John Gotti also got far more freedom on here to incense people than TB before he was eventually booted.
    Completely agree. Peter's flavour of the month with some folk though. Guys actually bait him to appear which to me, backs up my opinion that its the team Teddy supports that annoys people more than what he posts. The fact he's a Hun annoys me. I cannot stand them as much as the next person but we can't simply ban him for that reason. He's had his warning and if he oversteps the mark again then he knows what's coming.

As for Gotti, you can thank me for that one. 🙂 He actually said something about you shortly after you were banned that was his eventual downfall. Bang out of order. Again though, he was baited to appear by some folk which annoyed others. Maybe if people stopped throwing bait out to these folk they'd disappear and all would be well on Utd Mad?

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    I know what you mean SB71 - it's easy to label OF fans. I have mates/acquaintances who are OF fans and they are good people. However, they are very much in the minority. Because of a new nuclear build in the area where I live there are quite a few Scots working here and a lot of them are OF fans. It makes me cringe when I see them swaggering about the place in their colours and assuming that everyone in the world is interested in them. I'm still hopeful of converting the local population into supporting United as their Scottish team
    tis true avoid the seeth when you can and they love the seethe. Never go out in airdrie with a united top on. Actually never goto airdire. (i dont live there but once went)

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Completely agree. Peter's flavour of the month with some folk though. Guys actually bait him to appear which to me, backs up my opinion that its the team Teddy supports that annoys people more than what he posts. The fact he's a Hun annoys me. I cannot stand them as much as the next person but we can't simply ban him for that reason. He's had his warning and if he oversteps the mark again then he knows what's coming.

As for Gotti, you can thank me for that one. �� He actually said something about you shortly after you were banned that was his eventual downfall. Bang out of order. Again though, he was baited to appear by some folk which annoyed others. Maybe if people stopped throwing bait out to these folk they'd disappear and all would be well on Utd Mad?
    gotti is a deluded and avid watcher of the patriot games, also a total pr!ck and not worthy of me p!ssing on him during one his daily para raids on his hoose when they set him on fire...yawn yawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    tis true avoid the seeth when you can and they love the seethe. Never go out in airdrie with a united top on. Actually never goto airdire. (i dont live there but once went)
    Agreed. Airdrie's an absolute dump of the highest order.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)