+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weears Johnson ?

I started this thread in the hope that Johnson is scrutinised, questioned and held to account on the actions he takes during this period. At a time of national emergency and at a key time he has closed parliament for a minimum of four weeks meaning he avoids being held to account there. Others like the NHS and schools are working through this four week period.

If he needs to be told that a certain strategy is or is not working there needs to be opportunities to do so. That is all I would ask. I agree that a broad review can be held later and well as identifying who will bear the cost financially in the long term when it is all done.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 26-03-2020 at 03:15 PM.

four weeks be at least 4 months before anything starts to change for the better.

@ SB & Exile

There will be a conversation to be had on the shrinking of the state for the last 10 years and where that has placed us today .

My point is that right now is not the time to be doing it even if I fully agree with what you two have said .

Once this thing is over there is absolutely no way the government will be able to spin their way out of this one .

It may also be worth noting that the British public have an historic record of kicking out Disaster PM's at the very first opportunity .

Once this thing is over there is absolutely no way the government will be able to spin their way out of this one .

Wanna bet?

Wish I had your confidence Animal
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 26-03-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    With all due respect to everyone , now is not the time for political prejudices .

Mistakes have been made and would have by any government given the nature of this virus .

Agree mate, a shocking amount of deaths all over the world in all countries no matter what kind of governments they have. Nobody could plan or be prepared for a pandemic of this scale. It’s totally out of control .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    @ SB & Exile

There will be a conversation to be had on the shrinking of the state for the last 10 years and where that has placed us today .

My point is that right now is not the time to be doing it even if I fully agree with what you two have said .

It may also be worth noting that the British public have an historic record of kicking out Disaster PM's at the very first opportunity .
    Tha missing my point Animal.

I'm not arguing which party would handle this the better. I'm saying that whatever actions are or are not taken should be open to scrutiny and people held to account--one of the fundamental principles of a democratic society. Last neet's Question Time worra good example--the Minister put up there was rightly challenged on what he was saying by the bloke whose members are on the front line.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tha missing my point Animal.

I'm not arguing which party would handle this the better. I'm saying that whatever actions are or are not taken should be open to scrutiny and people held to account--one of the fundamental principles of a democratic society. Last neet's Question Time worra good example--the Minister put up there was rightly challenged on what he was saying by the bloke whose members are on the front line.
    Thing is he was saying the government weren’t ready but wrote this at the end of January

“A call for caution please. Media are escalating anxiety by talking of a “killer virus” + “growing fears”. In truth, from what we currently know, 2019-nCoV has moderate transmissibility and relatively low pathogenicity. There is no reason to foster panic with exaggerated language”

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post

Wanna bet?

Wish I had your confidence Animal
    The Tories haven't got their foot on the throat of the lower end of society with Corbyn and Abbott their only critics .

The medical guy Richard Horton on last nights Question Time tore the government a new A Hole on their lack of preparation for the on coming pandemic , they were told at the fag end of January what was coming .

The Tory panelist couldn't get out of the studio quick enough , even Thornberry managed to keep her head down and not feck it up .

If the government were warned well in advance and sat on their hands hoping it would all go away then on that narrative it's difficult not to criticise .

Hanc ocks half hour also seems to have lied through his back teeth on the availability of PPE to frontline NHS workers .

I'm not totally comfortable in the situation we are in right now taking shots at the government who to be fair are facing an almost unprecedented situation .

However it does seem there's some things that even in such times can't escape criticism .

I'm desperately trying to give the benefit of the doubt given the scale of the crisis even with a personal mortal enemy .

Keep safe everyone , we are only at the start of this thing , the worst is yet to come .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 27-03-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12