+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Big assumption that he is a ‘multi-millionaire’ - one reads about footballers earning huge amounts of money and being broke having spent most of it on lavish life-styles also, if that was the case, he probably wouldn’t be ‘hungry for success’ which is a massive motivator but perhaps be more hungry for personal satisfaction.

The jury is out for me.
    The only way he'd even consider joining Notts over Derby is if money isn't a major factor. So given that he seems to be considering it, chances are he's done well enough during his career for a 50%+ pay cut not to be an issue. Not many people will ever be in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The only way he'd even consider joining Notts over Derby is if money isn't a major factor. So given that he seems to be considering it, chances are he's done well enough during his career for a 50%+ pay cut not to be an issue. Not many people will ever be in that position.
    So then it would be for personal satisfaction!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    So then it would be for personal satisfaction!
    A few Derby fans seem convinced. Meh, we'll see............

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-06 091259didzy.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  14.7 KB

As things stand, I think we are still between 5 and 8 players short for next season...

GK - a number one or two, but real competition

RWB - one more if Aaron Nemane doesnt sign

LCB - possibly Kyle Cameron, but we might possibly want or need 2 for this position.

CM - we still need 1 IMO

AM - We need at least 1, Ruben Rodrigues possibly, but would we want a second.

CF - I would still like to see us have one more.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    A few Derby fans seem convinced. Meh, we'll see............

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-06 091259didzy.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  14.7 KB
    Despite him being a big name, I don't know too much about him. Would he be competing with Langstaff or can he play behind the main striker? What are his main attributes?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Despite him being a big name, I don't know too much about him. Would he be competing with Langstaff or can he play behind the main striker? What are his main attributes?
    Wouldn't be competing with Langstaff and the comparisons on this thread with Lee Hughes are equally pointless.

He'd be more of a 10 (bye bye Ruben) nowadays, although he spent much of his (younger) career as a number 9.

I still don't think he'll sign, but to those that are rubbishing the idea, if he does sign, that means the analyst and coaching teams want him, so TRUST THE PROCESS.

There's a big difference between the top half of League 2 and the teams in the bottom half of the NL that we dominated every week or 2. Luke Williams will know this and know that he needs a bit of experience and nouse in the mix. A relatively fit McGoldrick, playing only league games, would walk into any team in the league. if the club want him, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Wouldn't be competing with Langstaff and the comparisons on this thread with Lee Hughes are equally pointless.

He'd be more of a 10 (bye bye Ruben) nowadays, although he spent much of his (younger) career as a number 9.

I still don't think he'll sign, but to those that are rubbishing the idea, if he does sign, that means the analyst and coaching teams want him, so TRUST THE PROCESS.

There's a big difference between the top half of League 2 and the teams in the bottom half of the NL that we dominated every week or 2. Luke Williams will know this and know that he needs a bit of experience and nouse in the mix. A relatively fit McGoldrick, playing only league games, would walk into any team in the league. if the club want him, I'm happy.
    Cheers mate.

And I totally agree. We aren't the type of club to make vanity signings now. LW and the owners seem to appreciate the need to balance out the younger up-and-coming players from the lower-leagues with experienced pros like Bostock. DM would be a fantastic signing for many reasons.

Comparing McGoldrick to either Ruben or Macca isn't a bad comparison because he's developed into a bit of both. Happy to drop deep to receive the ball back to goal, bring in the wide players and then pick up a position in the box for the cross. Also very comfortable playing off the last defenders shoulder. He's fitted into both roles for derby last season, predominantly in a 3-4-2-1 or 3-5-2.

He's also on penalties and can still hit a decent free kick. Whether it happens or not we'll have to wait and see but I would be more than happy to add that level of skill and experience to the squad.

"Whether it happens or not we'll have to wait and see but I would be more than happy to add that level of skill and experience to the squad."

My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    As things stand, I think we are still between 5 and 8 players short for next season...

GK - a number one or two, but real competition

RWB - one more if Aaron Nemane doesnt sign

LCB - possibly Kyle Cameron, but we might possibly want or need 2 for this position.

CM - we still need 1 IMO

AM - We need at least 1, Ruben Rodrigues possibly, but would we want a second.

CF - I would still like to see us have one more.
    Isn’t there a limit on the number of Squad players a team can have in L2 ie; 22?

Page 65 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast