+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Dyer

Danny Dyer

I've been watching a few of his films lately , we're things really so bad ? Some of us will have been involved with this behaviour at some point , but Football Factory really shows the violence , i've had a few skirmishes worst being Boro away , next Grimsby closely followed by Huddersfield away , a few more inbetween ,thinking back now , why and what was it all about ? We must have been crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I've been watching a few of his films lately , we're things really so bad ? Some of us will have been involved with this behaviour at some point , but Football Factory really shows the violence , i've had a few skirmishes worst being Boro away , next Grimsby closely followed by Huddersfield away , a few more inbetween ,thinking back now , why and what was it all about ? We must have been crazy

There's various interpretations by the psychologists Roma, most on em ballax. My interpretation is pride in your town and defending it's name. Adrenaline is another.

I was never one to look for trouble although some of the lads we went wi were rough and ready. It was always abart evin a good day art, evin a laugh, a few beers, evin a craic and of course the football but if trouble came then we wouldn't shirk it. Crazy like tha sez. A look back now and cringe. Misspent youth, tha sooin grows art o it.

Them Danny Dyer films are exaggerated and in reality are not a true portrayal of proper football hooligans. The best hooligan film I've seen is 'The Firm' directed by Alan Clarke(Scum, Made In Britain) starring Gary Oldman.

I've started watching Peaky Blinders - some serious violence in that.
    You can imagine coming back from years living in the trenches, all the blood and guts, hand to hand fighting then coming back to poverty and no jobs.
    They weren't for backing down.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    There's various interpretations by the psychologists Roma, most on em ballax. My interpretation is pride in your town and defending it's name. Adrenaline is another.

I was never one to look for trouble although some of the lads we went wi were rough and ready. It was always abart evin a good day art, evin a laugh, a few beers, evin a craic and of course the football but if trouble came then we wouldn't shirk it. Crazy like tha sez. A look back now and cringe. Misspent youth, tha sooin grows art o it.

Them Danny Dyer films are exaggerated and in reality are not a true portrayal of proper football hooligans. The best hooligan film I've seen is 'The Firm' directed by Alan Clarke(Scum, Made In Britain) starring Gary Oldman.
    Av seen it Pass , wo that thee in them brand new Sambas
    a bet tha looked good in thi Tacchini / Fila tops
    Last edited by Romared; 12-05-2020 at 07:45 PM.

like.

A think tha on abart remake film theer mi owd bag o shyte

For me it was the clothes , the camaraderie , excitement after the working week not to mention the beer .

Looking back with today's eyes on , yes it was b@llax , absolute b@llax .

Would I change owt , no I wouldn't , I got more slaps than I ever gave out and those that got a slap were trying to slap me if that meks any sense .

What's the point in been that age and a boring bastrd , tha's rest of thi life to knuckle down and be a model citizen .

The early 80's were a crazy time in the UK which just added fuel to the fire , every fecker was angry .

What I haven't much time for is these that never grow out of it , some of these tales are extraordinary .

None of em ever got the ass kicked , they were all top of the tree , well some fecker must have had a hiding cause its impossible for everyone to win every ruck , some classic urban myths to say the least .

Tarn could holds its own , nobody took the pyss here , away from home a bit of a mixed bag to be honest .

Am not going to mention Millwall play off game cause I dunt want to but nearest I made to a comeback was a few years ago at Hillsborough .

We played em first game of the season and we had a few beers in Sheffield pre match , just a few no drama , nowt daft .

We jumped on tram on Castle Square to go up to Hillsborough and whilst we are waiting Tarns finest walked across road , wonderful !! .

We gets on tram and it's 50 - 50 Barnsley and Wendy and tha can cut atmosphere wi a knife .
    I only knew too well what was coming when we all got off on Leppings Lane .

Sure enough it goes up , everybody's swinging at anybody , I've got mi game face on cause I've basically got to , first fecker that swings for me and I'm not having it .

Luckily nobody did , nowt else happened , I was a bit perturbed wi mi sen cause I was really pumped , flight or fight innit .

Very worrying cause when I got in ground I was shaking like a shyttin dog , had to go to bogs and throw cold water over mi face and try and calm down .

25 year earlier I'd have been pyssing missen wi laughing .

Big difference but some on these old lads who niver grow art on it just have me shekin mi heed because it's b@llax basically and the war talkin b@llax 25 year ago n'all .

There's some as old as me still attit watchin Reds , not so much feytin , but allus ararnd or attracting bother, BARMPOTS

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    like.

A think tha on abart remake film theer mi owd bag o shyte
    Arr a think books abart it wa better than the films ,,,,,

a bet tha looked good in thi Tacchini / Fila tops
    That war my era Roma , I had a BJ Fila tracky top , a weeks wage them puppies in 82 and tha could only gerrem at Lilleywhites in Leeds .

Still look good today them bad boys , that was the whole point of the original casual movement , wearing stuff nobody else knew abart or could easily get .

Not like today when everything is mass produced , they were proper labels then .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That war my era Roma , I had a BJ Fila tracky top , a weeks wage them puppies in 82 and tha could only gerrem at Lilleywhites in Leeds .

Still look good today them bad boys , that was the whole point of the original casual movement , wearing stuff nobody else knew abart or could easily get .

Not like today when everything is mass produced , they were proper labels then .
    Dunt foget Lois jeans , all smart gear , " dressed to kill" or feyt and run,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast