+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anybody worried ?

Is anybody worried ?

Roughly 2 weeks from pre season training and 4 weeks from the 1st pre season game and not 1 player recruited we need double figures in terms of numbers what is happening ? Are Adebisi and CBR going to sign? are we going to have a competitive squad in terms of quality and numbers at this rate !!!!!!

It does seem very quiet for everyone - even Sjoke City has just signed a Keeper and one free transfer so far. Maybe it'll wake up when salaries stop at the end of this month for those out of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Roughly 2 weeks from pre season training and 4 weeks from the 1st pre season game and not 1 player recruited we need double figures in terms of numbers what is happening ? Are Adebisi and CBR going to sign? are we going to have a competitive squad in terms of quality and numbers at this rate !!!!!!
    To be honest if you consider the dreadful displays of our team after Christmas what football player aged 25 - 34 would want to sign for the Alex based on our wage restrictions. As a true supporter I like everybody want the best for our club but our tactics and system last season was so ruddy boring and non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    To be honest if you consider the dreadful displays of our team after Christmas what football player aged 25 - 34 would want to sign for the Alex based on our wage restrictions. As a true supporter I like everybody want the best for our club but our tactics and system last season was so ruddy boring and non existent.
    I haven't a clue what wages we pay players here and no reason why that is a secret as all salaries are known in the public sector and we read regularly what PL players are getting and so why is this a secret. It would be interesting to know what level our wage structure is to other clubs, especially our size. LB said last week that players have a problem signing here due to the low wages and so what are they? Gillingham should not be signing our players when we are about the same size....I can only suggest its the academy that is taking the bulk of the money. The club could tell us but they won't...So is it a supporters club or not?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I haven't a clue what wages we pay players here and no reason why that is a secret as all salaries are known in the public sector and we read regularly what PL players are getting and so why is this a secret. It would be interesting to know what level our wage structure is to other clubs, especially our size. LB said last week that players have a problem signing here due to the low wages and so what are they? Gillingham should not be signing our players when we are about the same size....I can only suggest its the academy that is taking the bulk of the money. The club could tell us but they won't...So is it a supporters club or not?
    You can suggest that ,of course, but it's more likely to be ownership that is relatively wealthy who is going for broke. Let's see if their spending 'buys' them promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    You can suggest that ,of course, but it's more likely to be ownership that is relatively wealthy who is going for broke. Let's see if their spending 'buys' them promotion.
    That must be right - and our board are not in a position to do that of course

I don’t think anybody is asking for suicidal spending on recruitment however some recruitment would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I don’t think anybody is asking for suicidal spending on recruitment however some recruitment would be nice
    It will be something of a surprise if there wasn't any!

Well I personally believe there is a strong argument for considering the possibility of downgrading to the Category3 academy. Understand that exact costs are not available but a figure of £1m+ may be a fair estimate. With our clubs contribution in the region of £300k. Who is responsible for the multitude of coaches expenses is unclear. We gave a first year pro contract to 2 academy players at the end of the season. Does not seem a good return for £1m+.
    The premiership clubs all run excellent academy setups and based upon our own academy results are better coached and more physically prepared for pro football. Even so only 5-10% ever get close to 1st team football. Would it not be better to recruit from that source? I think it would.
    Like all our posters I too feel that more information re the clubs finances should be provided. Something for our Chairman to consider.

In response to the original question: yes, I am. Then, I am a natural pessimist.
    I suppose we have to consider the fact that most teams at our level have not yet started business. Many of the ones that have done business are mostly those with money to spend on their major choices. What will count in the end will be the depth of quality that is recruited. Maybe, the likes of Gillingham has over stressed the need for goalscorers. Who knows, perhaps next season they'll go from low scorers of last year to high conceders the next.
    However, I do wish the Alex would get a move on!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast