+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Peterborugh

Can't make my mind up about this one, Posh have made a good start under McCann and are experienced at this level. McCann,at only 42, has already had a chequered career as a manager with two promos but a couple of sackings.
    He seems to like his teams to be aggressive and on the front foot, it should make for a lively game and we will need to be ready to match their aggression. I reckon there will be a goal or two in this one so I'll take a 2-2 as we face a likely top six team who did the Owls recently.

I prefer us to play someone like that after those last two away games, Fleetwood had no desire to get forward

Only problem I see with this is the playing out from the back, Peterboro will press and might force mistakes out of us

Should be a decent game

We deserved that after Fleetwood last week

We do meed to start taking those chances when on top though,, but 6th after 6 games with a team still getting to know each other, and 100% home record is a fantastic start to the season in my opinion

Sheff Weds are looking ominous mind...

Great result, probably should have been well ahead at HT but it's nice to nick one late for a change.
    As DCFCa says, take them chances!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Great result, probably should have been well ahead at HT but it's nice to nick one late for a change.
    As DCFCa says, take them chances!!!!!!!
    Love late wins! We’re creating...that’s the main thing at this stage...and we have a defence worthy of the name.
    Expect a goal scorer to join within the next few days.

Inside info rA or hope??!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Inside info rA or hope??!!
    Hope...and reading between the lines, mac. Any ‘inside info’ I get is very occasional, but the ‘window’ shuts on Tuesday evening and I’d be amazed if we haven’t strengthened.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-08-2022 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hope...and reading between the lines, mac. Any ‘inside info’ I get is very occasional, but the ‘window’ shuts on Tuesday evening and I’d be amazed if we haven’t strengthened.
    🤞

We defiantly need a right back to free Knight back into midfield

That would leave a striker and another winger maybe?

First couple of minutes there was a cross that Jack M couldn't quite get to and then he was gifted a chance by Wildsmith with an awful tippy tappy pass and JM should certainly have done better, not even hitting the target.

We then had a long period in the ascendency. Their keeper did well to palm over from Barkhuizen, a good save from a Sibs shot and then a double save, also from Sibs at his near post. More half chances as well. Ought to have been out of sight by HT. How often have we written that between us over the past couple of seasons?

Second half they played better than in the first half and it was pretty even.... until that 2nd yellow. Once down to 10 men they had a purple patch and their opener came as no surprise. They were helped by us, apparently, deciding that we could take it easy against 10. You never can. Just ask Florist .

Towards the end they tired and we took over again. Great header from Knight who Posh had given the freedom of Pride Park to, it seemed. Acres of space and totally unmarked. We then smelt the winner. Great move down the left, Dobbin cuts inside beats a couple of men and just before he passed it, Sibs moved towards the near post, took a man with him leaving Didzy time and space to side foot it home.

11 points from 6 games for a basically new squad is a decent start. Just 3 points off top. It might have been 14 IMO. Should have got a draw at Charlton, Barnsley deserved a draw at ours, we ought to have won the others (some we did). 14 points would see us equal top. That might be too much pressure too soon for a newish squad so I'm perfectly happy with where we are at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)