+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United - Championship winners 2019/20

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It’s going to need a reconstruction proposal to get this over the line. 14 team Premier for one season allowing ICT up and with no relegations across the League will guarantee a result. Partick and ICT would vote for that defo. SPFL for gawd’s sake, get it done so we can move on from this please. For the avoidance of doubt, we all would want the remaining games played, but THAT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN. So we need some sort of conclusion. Ok we can maybe argue about the relegations ( not with Hearts though - frankly I think they deserve it) but equally if we are saying we can’t have relegations then we can’t also have no promotions either. If you’re a believer in this much vaunted phrase of ‘sporting integrity’ that much is true.
    No its not - The SPFL may well now say ok we sit and wait. Dundees pandemic insurance is worth jack **** especially just now. Nelms made an arse of this again thinking he is clever. A few clubs going to wall due to this behaviour who knows we or they may well be one of them but some stunt move to make.

Guy on east futbah saying fun will change vote to a yes, seemingly the guys usually spot on with his info.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Guy on east futbah saying fun will change vote to a yes, seemingly the guys usually spot on with his info.
    The rage next door if that happens will be magic. OTF

It’s going to need a reconstruction proposal to get this over the line. 14 team Premier for one season allowing ICT up and with no relegations across the League will guarantee a result. Partick and ICT would vote for that defo. SPFL for gawd’s sake, get it done so we can move on from this please. For the avoidance of doubt, we all would want the remaining games played, but THAT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN. So we need some sort of conclusion. Ok we can maybe argue about the relegations ( not with Hearts though - frankly I think they deserve it) but equally if we are saying we can’t have relegations then we can’t also have no promotions either. If you’re a believer in this much vaunted phrase of ‘sporting integrity’ that much is true.
    Why do Hearts deserve it? Mathematically they could easily avoid relegation. How can you talk about 'sporting integrity' in one breath and then say that they 'deserve' to be relegated?!

If Dundee change their mind, and it's a big if. It could be the biggest own goal ever. If they were hoping that Hearts fans would come in numbers to sense and offset Utds crowd, I can't see it happening. By holding back, they are effectively the ones who will relegate Hearts. If they voted yes at the start, their vote would have been in with all the rest.

Auto correct changed dense to sense, work that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    No its not - The SPFL may well now say ok we sit and wait. Dundees pandemic insurance is worth jack **** especially just now. Nelms made an arse of this again thinking he is clever. A few clubs going to wall due to this behaviour who knows we or they may well be one of them but some stunt move to make.
    Good point, if the fun wilfully act in such a way as to prevent a resolution here, I would expect their insurers to have a strong legal case not to pay ou any compo.

This would surely result in Admin III - and a great chance for the Texans to offload and disappear into the sunset. Maybe that's the plan?

Agree would rather win it but would rather delay than null and void,

I think it can be done without losing or interference with any season,
    Given the Qatar 2022 world Cup start in the month of Nov, leagues will have to close down for a period that season, just means countries get ahead with rejig of leagues, eg restart this one Sep and then run the new dates for next few seasons Mar to Oct

Winter shutdown, better weather, better crowds everyone wins

U
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Why do Hearts deserve it? Mathematically they could easily avoid relegation. How can you talk about 'sporting integrity' in one breath and then say that they 'deserve' to be relegated?!
    They’ve had ump**** chances to get clear over the last few months and failed to do so. They have had a chance to beat St Mirren, Hamilton and Ross County over their last few games to get off bottom and failed to do so. Budge should have moved Sir Craig on earlier and failed to do so. They have had a whole catalogue of issues and are not just sitting bottom on goal difference, they are four points adrift and frankly look like they have had it. It’s not like we are only five games into the season here, we are thirty games in so the old adage of the table doesn’t lie definitely applies here and to be honest Budge I think is looking at this as a possible Get Out Of Jail Free Card with pushing reconstruction. So if we are saying United deserve promotion (and we do) then equally Hearts deserve relegation. But it’s all opinions and I’m not expecting agreement but that’s where I sit.

U

They’ve had ump**** chances to get clear over the last few months and failed to do so. They have had a chance to beat St Mirren, Hamilton and Ross County over their last few games to get off bottom and failed to do so. Budge should have moved Sir Craig on earlier and failed to do so. They have had a whole catalogue of issues and are not just sitting bottom on goal difference, they are four points adrift and frankly look like they have had it. It’s not like we are only five games into the season here, we are thirty games in so the old adage of the table doesn’t lie definitely applies here and to be honest Budge I think is looking at this as a possible Get Out Of Jail Free Card with pushing reconstruction. So if we are saying United deserve promotion (and we do) then equally Hearts deserve relegation. But it’s all opinions and I’m not expecting agreement but that’s where I sit.
    I wonder if you would be saying the same if the roles were reversed 🤔

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)