+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Derby to stop taking the knee.....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Thankfully, most of the U.K. appear to have seen through the Markels’ stunt, check out the Yougov poll on the subject
    Thats an interesting interpretation, leaving aside whether or not Yougov is actually representative of anything the country thinks! Given that it would seem around a third support harry and Meghan, a third support he Queen and a third couldn't give a ****!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I saw part of it and both MM and Harry spoke very highly of the Queen. Neither of them appointed any blame at the Queen.
    The mystery is why so many Brits seem to approve of a dysfunctional, out of date and anachronistic institution headed by a German and a Greek whose members seem so remote from the real world as to be irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Thats an interesting interpretation, leaving aside whether or not Yougov is actually representative of anything the country thinks! Given that it would seem around a third support harry and Meghan, a third support he Queen and a third couldn't give a ****!
    I'm using the same logic as used for Brexit (and of course thats the only logic that counts in a mainly apathetic world), so for your benefit only 'most of the UK who can be bothered to give a ****'.

The mystery is why so many Brits seem to approve of a dysfunctional, out of date and anachronistic institution headed by a German and a Greek whose members seem so remote from the real world as to be irrelevant.
    which sort of 'outs' you again as a (selective I'll grant you) Xenophobe, you really should have an editor over there with you

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    which sort of 'outs' you again as a (selective I'll grant you) Xenophobe, you really should have an editor over there with you
    Rather racist as well if I was being picky.

Ah no TTR, Swale cannot be racist as Greeks and Germans are by and large white and he leads us to believe that he is too....

Following the explosive Oprah Winfrey interview airing in full on UK television last night, the statement on behalf of the Queen said: "The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members."

Brilliant response. Polite, respectful and really should put it to bed and keep it private. But these two don't want private. Air time is what raises Princess Markels profile .
    Now lets see which way these 2 tumble,
    What are the odds that they turn up the gas now, with the race card and misogyny claims?

This is exactly what bending the knee fuels.

‘Nutshell’ time again, I think. They are a dysfunctional family, that’s almost impossible to disagree with, and they are, imo, remote, irrelevant and anachronistic too. Perhaps those who disagree could explain their relevance to contemporary society.

As for Swale being ‘racist’. What is racist about pointing out the irony of this ‘great British institution’ having been headed up by a German and a Greek for longer than any of us can remember?

P.S. Tricky...looking at this thread, and others, it occurs to me that the person on here who repeatedly ‘fuels the fire’ and ‘plays the race card’ more than anyone else is...you!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-03-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Nutshell’ time again, I think. They are a dysfunctional family, that’s almost impossible to disagree with, and they are, imo, remote, irrelevant and anachronistic too. Perhaps those who disagree could explain their relevance to contemporary society.

As for Swale being ‘racist’. What is racist about pointing out the irony of this ‘great British institution’ having been headed up by a German and a Greek for longer than any of us can remember?

P.S. Tricky...looking at this thread, and others, it occurs to me that the person on here who repeatedly ‘fuels the fire’ and ‘plays the race card’ more than anyone else is...you!
    Not in the way you think RA. I point out the brian washing and manipulation certain parties use the race card. Also the WOKE brigade who peddle its twisted message and play the shame game.
    I'm white and British and not ashamed of either. Why does it mean I am an enemy to be ridiculed, with white privaledge and inbuilt racism as part of my genetic make up?
    Why must my ancestors "crimes" be shackled around my neck before I can even speak.

I'm going to tell you story now, after 9 years in HMP.
    All prisoners are on the make. They try to condition you/bribe you/ curry favour etc in order to get something they are not entitled to. It;'s part of the "game" as they call it.
    Unfortunately many officers get sucked in as well.
    But one tactic sucked above all. That was an ethnic prisoner who accuses you of racism, just for saying no!
    The paper work will go in and it causes panic among the race board officials.
    No proof, no evidence, no facts. Just the mear mention of racism gets folks crapping themselves.

Examples of this now come in the form of Markels vendetta and the Muslim grooming scandal.
    So you be an ostrich if you wish and be a good boy and comply. I call it out for what it is and confront it.
    Genuine examples must always be investigated and dealt with. But this false shield of excuses has to stop.

also- As for Swale being ‘racist’. What is racist about pointing out the irony of this ‘great British institution’ having been headed up by a German and a Greek for longer than any of us can remember?
    By your deinition here, anyone from another country then "isn't" British?
    Ethnics from around the world have settled here and served in the forces etc. How big an institution do you want?
    It scares me that you use that reference as a defence.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 10-03-2021 at 10:11 AM.

As a concept, th royal family are good for tourism and boost invisible earnings, but as individuals I tend to agree they are past sell by date.

That said, I have to say that, dysfunctional or not, they, from the Queen onwards, are fairly representative of this country's general population. Philandering, mostly divorced and remarried, intolerant and bigoted.

I'm not sure I understand why we would have higher expectations of them than we have of ourselves. I believe they live down to our societal norm.

I don't think they do a lot of harm, am basically neutral, but would back the institution ahead of the two gold diggers that have signed up in my lifetime.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)