+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If Wes doesn't reappear with any other club until the Covid vaccine has been widely deployed then you would have to think his given reasons for not playing/training were genuine, but like you say if he pops up at another club in two weeks' time then that would suggest it was all a ruse to get out, and a very cynical one at that.
    That's exactly how I see it. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    It looks like we already have a goal poacher - scored three goals in the three games he’s started, but rarely gets any game time. Time to give Knowles a start on Wednesday and give Wootton a rest? The latter’s not been pulling up any trees this season.
    Or play both together - power and pace. I'd certainly agree Knowles has earned a run in the team now. I'm also a little surprised that Elisha Sam is only being used from the bench, because he grabbed a couple of goals coming in from wide. People looked at him and understandably thought alternative centre forward to Wootton, but he seemed happier as a surprisingly tall but rather skilful winger!

Or play both together - power and pace. I'd certainly agree Knowles has earned a run in the team now. I'm also a little surprised that Elisha Sam is only being used from the bench, because he grabbed a couple of goals coming in from wide. People looked at him and understandably thought alternative centre forward to Wootton, but he seemed happier as a surprisingly tall but rather skilful winger!
    He is useless, Knowles should be ahead of him every time..

With Wootton not in form in recent times, I'd love to see the manager change it up a bit. He's got plenty of options to do so, but doubt he will. He will probably stick with tried and tested but you never know.

I doubt we'll be signing another centre forward. We have Wooton, Effion, Knowles and Sam who can all play there. Usually 2 (and sometimes 3) have to miss out depending on the formation, so all another signing is going to cause is more bench warming, rather than giving players like Knowles a deserved chance. Doesn't make sense to me, let's not start hitting panic buttons just because Wes has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I doubt we'll be signing another centre forward. We have Wooton, Effion, Knowles and Sam who can all play there. Usually 2 (and sometimes 3) have to miss out depending on the formation, so all another signing is going to cause is more bench warming, rather than giving players like Knowles a deserved chance. Doesn't make sense to me, let's not start hitting panic buttons just because Wes has gone.
    If we have an extra wage, I’d prefer we spent it on the box-to-box midfielder we’ve been missing all season.

Agent Ardley doesn't know how to play with power & pace, can't play his "Pep" tippy tappy footy then
    That is exactly the style you need to play in this league. Said it many times.
    Last edited by irishpete; 26-01-2021 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Agent Ardley doesn't know how to play with power & pace, can't play his "Pep" tippy tappy footy then
    That is exactly the style you need to play in this league. Said it many times.
    Not sure I understand your point here Irishpete, do you think Neil Ardley is telling his forwards to slow down or not to burst through on goal?

I hope we don't sign another forward only for Ardley not to play him. We really don't need one. In Wootton, Effiong, Knowles and Sam we should have more than enough to achieve our goals.

What we need is mobility, strength and pace in midfield and some decent attacking fullbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Not sure I understand your point here Irishpete, do you think Neil Ardley is telling his forwards to slow down or not to burst through on goal?
    I think he means play with power and pace?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast