+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I dream (or I hope)...

I dream (or I hope)...

that when (hopefully it is not "if" already) our new owners get the decent manager, then with a few additions - 2-3 quality players with experience, 2-3 yougnsers - he can get the best out of the rest of the squad, so we could get a decent run in the cups. And I do hope we win League cup or even FA thing, before we splash out 100 of mills for one player every transfer window, so no one would say that this victory is bought (no like I'd care and they would say it anyway, but still).
    I do want to get those feelings back when the team surprises you, not expecting victories.
    I do want UEFA cup matches (may be even this new conference league cup). Champions League is shiny and bright, like a champagne, but UEFA cup is like a beer. Guess I'm more of a beer man.

Just some thoughts...

P.S. I know, it hasn't even been confirmed, not to mention any big spendings and/or future victories, but it is the goal for those investors, and probably it will go this way.

i dont think it will take very much to get us settled into a top 8 spot really.

Our defence was solid under Rafa, and its the same players still, they have been half decent with Mrs Doubtfire too.

A top manager again will have them solid again. If we can get two strikers who can finish, it will be something to build on.

If its a long term project, then the whispers about us getting Cavani and Sturridge for free may be true and even though both are past there best, they are still light years ahead of big Joe and Auntie Carroll

Imagine a cup win this year, Then taken over by the Saudi's

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i dont think it will take very much to get us settled into a top 8 spot really.
    Our defence was solid under Rafa, and its the same players still, they have been half decent with Mrs Doubtfire too.
    A top manager again will have them solid again. If we can get two strikers who can finish, it will be something to build on.
    If its a long term project, then the whispers about us getting Cavani and Sturridge for free may be true and even though both are past there best, they are still light years ahead of big Joe and Auntie Carroll
    I'm not saying it is not possible. After all - you can't perform at 100% if you don't see any blink of ambition from the club. Give the players the feeling, that they can achieve something, they'd improve on the spot.
    I just meant the other thing.
    I watched The English Game on Netflix some time ago, and I always thought - guys, if you'd only knew the way football is going, maybe you'll never allow professionals on the pitch
    Same here - the gap between top clubs and the rest are growing exponentially. Maybe we are on the verge of most lower league clubs disappearing. One by one, until super-league is born. May be here NUFC just jumped on that leaving train.
    And before it happens, I just wanted to see some silverware won the way it could be with Ashley - decent hard-working squad, may be few local lads. Not with 1B worth of a team.

Remember the second half of last season - was a decent watch and even gave Liverpool a bit of a scare in the title run in. Big opportunity missed as usual by Ashley in the close season with the whole Rafa/Bungle Bruce fiasco but still plenty to build on with a proper manager at the helm next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Remember the second half of last season - was a decent watch and even gave Liverpool a bit of a scare in the title run in. Big opportunity missed as usual by Ashley in the close season with the whole Rafa/Bungle Bruce fiasco but still plenty to build on with a proper manager at the helm next season.
    Aye-some of our counter-attacking football was very good (as evidenced by us being the 5th highest scorers in that second half of the season).

As you say...fatso refused to build on it..or even consolidate.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)