+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking a knee...

Question Taking a knee...

Dominic Raab says he will not be doing it...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...sWJgzmguBfdw0y

First time I have ever agreed with the eejit.

The only place I get on my knees is in Church before God. Mixing politics and sport is a no-no for me.

I watched the Northampton v Cheltenham play-off yesterday and the NHS and BLM bollox seemed to me to be taking precedence over the actual football match in hand.

Me no likey!

Your thoughts please?

BT --I am very much with you on this.
    Once again, the whole thing is media driven and trying to force people into being part of the crowd, rather than thinking for themselves and following their own instincts. Naturally, this means that they will then pounce on those of us who refuse to conform and shriek that we are racist because we will not conform, hence the fact that this 'bend the knee' is being followed by the football world. To the FA etc. it means that they are showing that they really are concerned, however, none of us know the individual feelings of those running the show!

I have no objection to BLM demonstrating peacefully and doing their own thing if that is their desire. I do have reservations concerning just what the movement is really all about and the bigger picture is not good as far as I am concerned.

I have never been a crowd follower and I'm beggared if I am going to start now at my age. My own thinking is that there are dark forces around which are fuelling lots of things at present in an effort to destabilise the world situation.
    What can I do about it? Absolutely nothing so I shall continue doing what I can to make life bearable for myself and others in my loal community.

I am in agreement with you Supersub. I have no objection to the BLM movement but there is indeed an unpleasant element of coercion in there as well. I am not a member of any national political party though I do belong to a local one and will campaign on local issues. As for politics and sport perhaps in an ideal world they could be kept apart but our world is hardly that.

They have just interviewd a chap in the States on Sky about Trumps visit to Tulsa. The coloured gentleman that they interviewed said "We don't want Trump and his followers showing racist comments like 'White Lives matter'".

So saying 'White lives matter' is a racist comment and 'Black lives matter isn't'???

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    They have just interviewd a chap in the States on Sky about Trumps visit to Tulsa. The coloured gentleman that they interviewed said "We don't want Trump and his followers showing racist comments like 'White Lives matter'".

So saying 'White lives matter' is a racist comment and 'Black lives matter isn't'???
    C_M ----you know that it all depends who is saying it and whether or not it meets the media's agenda. They play on the assumption that people will follow the majority because they don't want to feel left out or that they are bucking the trend.
    There are still some people around who are willing to remain an individual and think for themselves, however, there are lots more who consider that 'reality tv shows' really are what life is all about and have totally lost their way as far as thought is concerned. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Dominic Raab says he will not be doing it...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...sWJgzmguBfdw0y

First time I have ever agreed with the eejit.

The only place I get on my knees is in Church before God. Mixing politics and sport is a no-no for me.

I watched the Northampton v Cheltenham play-off yesterday and the NHS and BLM bollox seemed to me to be taking precedence over the actual football match in hand.

Me no likey!

Your thoughts please?
    Absolutely right BT , I’m also a little annoyed the premier league have gone to town on BLM when The poppy was banned from shirts previously.

The poppy,the symbol of the very same People who gave their lives for freedom in our country

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Absolutely right BT , I’m also a little annoyed the premier league have gone to town on BLM when The poppy was banned from shirts previously.

The poppy,the symbol of the very same People who gave their lives for freedom in our country
    army ---the poppy was not banned from shirts in our Leagues. It was banned from International shirts by those wonderful people at FIFA because they consider it to be a political symbol!
    Obviously, FIFA will not even think of banning anything relaying to BLM because this would offend such great numbers in the football world.

What we are seeing now is just the start of trouble when you pander to identify politics. The left loves this agenda as they constantly and eternally divide and blame whoever is the flavour of the month. It's so inherently dishonest and dangerous to focus society ill's and blame in on groups who can't change the past or their SKIN COLOUR, such as white people!!!!

I thought - taking a knee was when you took a quick rest after hard physical exertion.

Kneeling Atlas

Atlas was neither a mortal nor an Olympian god; in fact he was a Titan and an enemy of Zeus.

Atlas was a second-generation Titan; as such he was the son of the Titans Iapetus and Clymene, (or sometimes the Oceanid Asia), and had three brothers, Menoetius, Prometheus, and Epimetheus.
    In the Golden Age, twelve original Titans, under Kronos, had ruled the heavens as Elder Gods. Zeus though sought to usurp his father’s power. Firstly Zeus freed his siblings, including Hades and Poseidon, from the stomach of Kronos and then commanded the Olympians in war against the Titans.
    It was during this rebellion that the name of Atlas first emerged.

Atlas, along with Menoetius, sided with Kronos, whilst his other brothers, Prometheus and Epimetheus, allied themselves with Zeus. Atlas was widely recognised as being the strongest of the Titans, and with Kronos being of advanced age, Atlas was given the role of battlefield leader.

The Titanomachy, the war against the Olympians, did not go well and the Titans were ultimately defeated after ten years of fighting. Most of the male Titans were confined by Zeus to the depths of Tartarus, but because of his prominent role in the fighting, Atlas was singled out for special punishment. Zeus condemned Atlas to stand on the western edges of the earth, to hold the heavens on his shoulders and to ensure that the stars turned on their axis for all eternity.

Norder : What do you see inside that cage Atlas has? It looks like bottle of Vodka to me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)