+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 90s bands

90s bands

There's some shockers here.

A few good ones though.

re: 90s bands

There's a lot of non 90's there too. Devo go back decades. Del Amitri are proper sheeite!!

Sad to see The Beautiful South there, if Heaton ever took a version of The Housemartins back out and played the 2 albums he'd get a load of sell outs.

I'm seeing Underworld do Dubnobasswithmyheadman (and a few others) at Hammersmith next month, really looking forward to that.

Blue Aeroplanes were absolute nutjobs! I think they ate more pills than Pacman.

I'll admit a fondness for the Charlatans though, they were good. Never got Jesus Jones though, many pals at the time liked them but I thought they were awful.

One of Echo and the Bunnymen ranks as one of the most arrogant ****ers I have ever met. No time for them whatsoever.

Lindisfarne were probably in their 3rd decade by then.

Would have been well up for seeing Flowered Up back in the day, heard the keyboard player on 6music a while back, still playing with Republica who were proper ****e and a brother of the brush. Sadly Liam and Joe Maher, the guitarist and singer a both dead, not sure what Barry Mooncult is up to nowadays
    My suggestion of Weekender as the first dance at me and my missus wedding fell on deaf ears, shame that

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart

I'm seeing Underworld do Dubnobasswithmyheadman (and a few others) at Hammersmith next month, really looking forward to that.
    You lucky beggar, i'm very envious.

My missus has got us tickets to see Dreadzone at The Boiler Room in Guildford in a couple of weeks, not really my thing but it's local and i haven't been there yet.
    Slightly better is the tickets she got for Steel Pulse at Brighton Concorde on easter sunday, that should be pretty good

Only time I ever saw Dreadzone was when they were first on the bill for Oasis at Knebworth. That was nearly 20 years ago now!! Ouch!

Sad to hear about Flowered Up. There's a lot of bands there I could one tune from and not a lot else. Mock Turtles being perfect example, did they even do anything other than Can you dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    Mock Turtles being perfect example, did they even do anything other than Can you dig it?
    Thankfully, no.

Soup Dragons anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge

Soup Dragons anyone?
    I'll call your Soup Dragons and raise you an Inastella.

God awful northern crap!

My best mate at Uni - who ended up being my Best Man - had a signed T shirt from the bird out of Instastella. He refused to wash it.

Who was the Northern Bird who was on here a while last year? She was good mates with said singer from Intastella.

One of my faves were Sleeper, had a right thing for Louise Wener. Married the drummer, mother of 2, lives a quiet life in Brighton apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast