+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T RIP Phil Everly

O/T RIP Phil Everly

The death of Phil Everly yesterday doesn't seem to have received much coverage but along with his brother he had a big impact on the 1960s music scene (Beatles, Beach Boys, Simon and Garfunkel) that many Millers of a certain age will have lived through and enjoyed.

re: O/T RIP Phil Everly

Sad news. So much of today's music started with The Everly Brothers - especially harmony singing in rock and roll. Very much part of the sound track of the late 50s and early 60s on both sides of the Atlantic. We owe them a great deal.

This makes me feel very old. Dream, dream, dream, Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller
    Sad news. So much of today's music started with The Everly Brothers - especially harmony singing in rock and roll. Very much part of the sound track of the late 50s and early 60s on both sides of the Atlantic. We owe them a great deal.

This makes me feel very old. Dream, dream, dream, Phil.
    Thats probably because you are, ct...

RIP Phil Everly,leaves a legacy of iconic music.

I heard some Everly bros music a couple of weeks ago, together with some Queen and Carpenters...I thought then what a loss Freddie Mercury and Karen Carpenter were..little did I know that within days, Phil Everly would be dead too. Strange.

RIP..one of the foundation stones of 2 part harmony coming into rock music.