+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket - The Unknown Season 2020/21

Season Ticket - The Unknown Season 2020/21

Just purchased mine and grandsons season tickets 2020/21 and forfeiting the four remaining games.
    Happy Clapping again at 8pm.
    Once a Red always a Red!

Bought mine, but I’m having the refund too. Sort of yes, I’ll support you by buying next season, but I want my brass back for this

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Bought mine, but I’m having the refund too. Sort of yes, I’ll support you by buying next season, but I want my brass back for this
    Very good !

May as well just take the 4 flexi tickets and use those when allowed to go again. Don’t think I’ll be buying a season ticket for a season where I don’t even know when I can attend. I’m not a charity, next season is a write off.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    May as well just take the 4 flexi tickets and use those when allowed to go again. Don’t think I’ll be buying a season ticket for a season where I don’t even know when I can attend. I’m not a charity, next season is a write off.
    Get that, I missed the promotion season into the Prem. ( and the Bradford match..... until gates opened,mi ran in about 10 minutes after final,whistle) As I was working and living away.... we all do what we have to...... sometimes we miss out...... I did , that season, my god! . The next two seasons won’t be as critical... in those days, with two growing kids, and a career to grow, I put job first...... now, I balance......
    And I’m taking a chance. Not that we will get to the Prem. just that we will survive.

I shall not be renewing my Season Ticket for the first time for many a decade. Reasons--

1 I do not know what I will receive for my money. It won't be 23 live football games at Oakwell with me in attendance. I anticipate the games will be behind closed doors until the New Year at the earliest and watching a game on iFollow played on a Wednesday afternoon with no crowd does not appeal.

2 All the "risk" in buying a ticket and covering the cashflow is on the fan. It has not even entered the owner's thinking that they could make a loan to the club. All this pleading poverty does not wash when they are actively looking to spend approx £20 million on buying another club in France.

3 "We are in this together". As far as i am aware no player or non playing staff has agreed to share the burden of supporting the club by reducing their wage (deferrals are not wage reductions--just getting the same amount later).

4 Whether or not we are relegated I anticipate a fire sale of a number of players to "cover costs" so I would just be watching a development squad being prepared for sale.

5 A general falling out with the club and money in football in general made worse by my lack of trust of the motives of the present owners

6 Dominic Cummings is an arseoyle.

I'm still enjoying my rest forra while yet. Bill is towing his tripe art defending the owners and I am enjoying reading it. Just going forra drive to test my eyes. Stay Alert.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-05-2020 at 07:47 AM.

2) make a loan to the club? You criticise them for doing that at Nice? Strange you ask them to do it here.....

No enthusiasm for it personally , it's going to take a great number of things to change down there for me to venture back .

Respect to those who are still keen as mustard .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    2) make a loan to the club? You criticise them for doing that at Nice? Strange you ask them to do it here.....
    No Jules, they took out a £20 to 30 mill loan on the money market to buy Nice and paid it back from the money they made from transfers and eventual sale of club.
    At Barnsley I'm talking abart a £1mill to £2 mill loan from their own wealth to tide the club over--as Patrick Cryne did with £6 mil over his 14 years, to be paid back at whatever time.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-05-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    No Jules, they took out a £20 to 30 mill loan on the money market to buy Nice and paid it back from the money they made from transfers and eventual sale of club.
    At Barnsley I'm talking abart a £1mill to £2 mill loan from their own wealth to tide the club over--as Patrick Cryne did with £6 mil over his 14 years, to be paid back at whatever time.
    Patrick the saviour that could have come in during the 2001/2 season. However, waited for the club to nearly fold to get it on the cheap. If there is a Patrick Cryne out there. There will be others that would do the same.

I don't buy the scaremongering. There's no way Barnsley F.C will fold. Clubs that get 11,000 in League 1 don't go under. There's money to be made.

Whilst there's money to be made there will be suitors. Just like Chien and co.

I'm calling their bluff. If they want to secure their minimal investment they will have to pump some money in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast