+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I don’t see this seasons team being that much weaker. The clear problem was the lack of defence due to COVID. Players out of position, and probably not fully match fit. Most teams would struggle if four first team players were unavailable the night before a match. Rose isn’t missed, Reaves is a much better player.

I still don’t get the Ardley out mentality of many on here. We are building a much better team and club, it just takes time. That some are writing off the season after two defeats is just laughable.
    loosing to Dover and Maidenhead along with Ardleys track record with us does not fill me with any confidence what so ever , we are safe from relegation that's a certainty ,but we wont get promotion either ....
    we get out thought by opposition managers on a regular basis for us to have a hope in hell of getting promoted

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I don’t see this seasons team being that much weaker. The clear problem was the lack of defence due to COVID. Players out of position, and probably not fully match fit. Most teams would struggle if four first team players were unavailable the night before a match. Rose isn’t missed, Reaves is a much better player.

I still don’t get the Ardley out mentality of many on here. We are building a much better team and club, it just takes time. That some are writing off the season after two defeats is just laughable.
    I agree that Reeves is a much better player, but I'd argue that he should be playing in place of Doyle, not alongside him. Rose was limited as a central midfielder (I always preferred him at right back), but we're definitely missing his combative efforts in the centre of the park and when defending set pieces into the box.

I'm not part of the "Ardley out" set (I'm part of the "Let's see where we stand after 10 games" set), but this summer's recruitment so far doesn't look like it's improved the team - and a manager lives and dies on his recruitment. Hopefully things will look better when we get the likes of Thomas and Roberts back, and with Wolfe offering some much-needed bite (no pun intended) in the centre of the park.

And, to show how funny football is, two months after being derided on here and written off, Ben Turner will probably now be welcomed back as a potential saviour to add some height and muscle (but not pace) to the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    loosing to Dover and Maidenhead along with Ardleys track record with us does not fill me with any confidence what so ever , we are safe from relegation that's a certainty ,but we wont get promotion either ....
    we get out thought by opposition managers on a regular basis for us to have a hope in hell of getting promoted
    We were out-thought by opposition managers throughout most of last season. Whenever what looked looked like an easy came up, we struggled. The enemy didn't always have the better players but they did have the better managers. This season it's only the quality of our players that's got us where we are, it's certainly not the quality of the manager.

I often wonder, if we had a decent manager would he have brought in the same players? How much influence did the Reedtz brothers have? If this DM were to arrive before the next game what would his team be? Probably the same as last Saturday but how would he play them? A new manager would ring his own changes but he wouldn't be so predictable nor to be not flexible enough to make effective changes during the game - see those adjectives? Predictable, flexible, effective?

Ardley is a tool -when are people finally going to believe it???

Ok Davy you are just been silly now with needless name calling of our manager. You don't like him, you don't want him managing club, and you haven't since a dozen games after Alan Hardy appointed him. We get it chap

Is Mitch Rose playing, has he got himself a new club having been let go?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Ardley is a tool -when are people finally going to believe it???
    Not so long ago, you were saying that you wanted him to be successful.....now he's a tool. Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Not so long ago, you were saying that you wanted him to be successful.....now he's a tool. Which is it?

Well he obviously wants him to be a successful tool, or possibly a useful tool. Maybe a spanner?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    It is possible for it to be both.

I wouldn't call him a tool, but I have no confidence in his ability to be successful. At the same time, I desperately want him to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It is possible for it to be both.

I wouldn't call him a tool, but I have no confidence in his ability to be successful. At the same time, I desperately want him to be successful.
    I want SOMEBODY to be successful but will it be Ardley? I doubt it.

That's what I want to know. Why is he a "tool" , you can call him too nice all you like. But what has he said or done that makes you call him a "tool"?

That's a question for Davy, but fully expect Elite Pie to answer on his behalf as he has been doing recently.

Page 49 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast