+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 17.10.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Are we to take it that you see losing at home to Maidenhead United as a laughing matter?

If not, maybe you could explain the silly smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Are we to take it that you see losing at home to Maidenhead United as a laughing matter?

If not, maybe you could explain the silly smiley.
    Why would you take it that I was laughing at the Maidenhead defeat?! I know you've read all my posts including ones regarding that result. So that's a really bizarre conclusion to make.

I'm laughing at your Real Vs (Covid) Shakhtar reference and the link to Maidenhead Vs Notts. Good game by the way if you missed it, with a couple of fantastic finishes from either side. Happy there was such a shock against the Galaticos.

Let's hope it's only Notts who are inspired by Ukranine powerhouse out of all the covid hit teams in the NL. May give us an edge.

If anyone was using Covid as an excuse, it would be silly seen as we agreed to play the game.

Ardley talked about ‘integrity of the league’ but we obviously thought we would win regardless of the missing players.

Has anyone at the club blamed Covid? If so that's crazy , don't play the game then.

If nobody has then it's another non-story. If we stick with our men with man to man marking defensively on corners we don't lose the game whoever was missing cos of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If anyone was using Covid as an excuse, it would be silly seen as we agreed to play the game.

Ardley talked about ‘integrity of the league’ but we obviously thought we would win regardless of the missing players.

Didn't think we looked right at all with mCcory at right back and Knowles wasn't great though ironically they both scored. I think it's great we had integrity but other clubs will be more cute with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Didn't think we looked right at all with mCcory at right back and Knowles wasn't great though ironically they both scored. I think it's great we had integrity but other clubs will be more cute with the situation.
    Our goals were from Knowles and Rodrigues. DM should perhaps have scored too but blazed over..
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-10-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Why would you take it that I was laughing at the Maidenhead defeat?! I know you've read all my posts including ones regarding that result. So that's a really bizarre conclusion to make.
    It wasn't a conclusion, it was quite clearly a question. What part of that did you fail to understand?

I'm laughing at your Real Vs (Covid) Shakhtar reference and the link to Maidenhead Vs Notts. Good game by the way if you missed it, with a couple of fantastic finishes from either side. Happy there was such a shock against the Galaticos.
    So what made you laugh, when I had explained in explicit terms that the point was how teams react to adversity rather than comparing National League to Champions League? That principle applies right down to pub leagues, so again what part of it did you fail to understand?

Let's hope it's only Notts who are inspired by Ukranine powerhouse out of all the covid hit teams in the NL. May give us an edge.
    Again, point completely missed. We don't have to be inspired more than the other teams, being inspired equally should be more than enough.

Sorry Swale, but I don't get the handbags thing here. I posted what I thought was a rational post about our approach to adversity, laddo replied with one of those stupid smiling faces. What does that even mean?

I posted an honest opinion about the Maidenhead game, he posted............................. a silly smiley. Make your own minds up.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast