+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Scotland fans going to Wembley 70s

O/T Scotland fans going to Wembley 70s

I know this isnt to do with Queens but what the heck thought it was humorous. Imagine the stink in the back by the time they arrived in London ?Name:  FB_IMG_1585835602436.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  58.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I know this isnt to do with Queens but what the heck thought it was humorous. Imagine the stink in the back by the time they arrived in London ?Name:  FB_IMG_1585835602436.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  58.2 KB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8M00lpaTY&t=51s

Thanks for that Dougal. I always wished I had been at this game but was only 7 at the time so didnt happen. Makes the hairs on my neck stand up with the racket when McQueen scores.

Here's a photo of The Stakeford bus crew setting off for Wembley in 1979.Name:  IMG-20200402-WA0003.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  100.9 KB

Classic pictures

Here's a photo of The Stakeford bus crew setting off for Wembley in 1979.Name:  IMG-20200402-WA0003.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  100.9 KB

the big guy standing against the tree looks like quint from the movie jaws 1 loool

I remember travelling to Wembley in 1979 when some idiot pulled the emergency stop handle not once but twice. We waited on the train until they switched the power off on the track then had to run the remaining distance to the ground getting in after England had taken the lead, Keegan if I remember correctly. Crazy times caused solely through excessive drink. I wasn't sober but some of them could barely stand and that was before the game started!

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I remember travelling to Wembley in 1979 when some idiot pulled the emergency stop handle not once but twice. We waited on the train until they switched the power off on the track then had to run the remaining distance to the ground getting in after England had taken the lead, Keegan if I remember correctly. Crazy times caused solely through excessive drink. I wasn't sober but some of them could barely stand and that was before the game started!
    Scotland through Wark took the lead in this game before England came back to win 3-1. Keegan did score a good goal from a one- two

Scotland through Wark took the lead in this game before England came back to win 3-1. Keegan did score a good goal from a one- two
    That's right it was the Scottish goal I missed and was peeved about. Thanks JR it was a long time ago.

Coming back from Wembley on a Balmoral Hotel bus some one forced open the roof window on the bus the wrong way round and it took off. Amazingly the driver never noticed until we had a comfort stop. On reflection it was a f---ing stupid thing to do as it could have caused a serious accident - today's Tartan Army are only a platoon in numbers compared to the Scottish fans that went to London in those days - one year the press estimated that there were approximately 70,000 in attendance. I have still got the cutting somewhere from a newspaper of
    that time in which there was a statement from an MP that '' these animals should be banned from ever going to Wembley again ''

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)