+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wycombe Wanderers Post Match Thoughts?

Urgh. That game panned out precisely how we all dreaded it would. Wycombe are indeed the anti-football. I was going to say that we should take it as a compliment but, by all accounts, they were exactly the same against Donny. That's just what they are I suppose: Spoilers. If they rile the crowd they've done part of their job. From their perspective it was probably a good night's work.

Let's just file under "at least our bogey team didn't beat us", and move on.

Next....

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Can't blame Wycombe for that though.
    It's not their job to come and entertain our fans, it's their job to get a point or three

They knew we smashed seven goals in our last two home games so they are going to try and stop us doing it by any means possible
    It's our job to rise above it and put away a chance or two ... we had them but too many scuffed shots in half decent positions prevented that.

Besides which we are no angels in the anti football dept as we used to do it a lot in the cship
    Wycombe may play a lot different given different circumstances. They did after all beat us 0-3 last season with ease

Agreed it wasn't pretty but it's a lesson learnt
    You can blame Wycombe, they come cheat and somehow manage to take piss out of ref

Did someone have to wake their medical team up at one point? They clearly get bored with the **** aswell 😂

Here's my thoughts on the game.

We tried to play football.

They tried to spoil the game.

When we were fouled we got got on with it.

When they were touched their players congratulated each other.

Clearly they have some talent within their team yet are happy to Rob the paying public of any entertainment value.

Absolutely horrible side to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Did someone have to wake their medical team up at one point? They clearly get bored with the **** aswell 😂
    The ref called them on twice and ainsworth kept them sat down.
    If it was a serious injury then Ainsworth would have questions to answer.

It was a poor game attacking wise. If you watch the highlights, it’s 2 minutes of nothing much happening.
    There was some good defending to be admired from both sides.
    On reflection, we can’t really complain. It’s exactly how we played under Ronnie both times and Robins side wasn’t pretty. Especially away.
    I thought the free kick they had was going in. So I think nil nil is a good result for us both.
    They’ve only lost to Sunderland and MK Dons this season.
    Moaning about their style of play makes us sound like the way Wednesday fans go on about teams they can’t beat.

Minutes of game 102
    Minutes in play 39

Has everyone forgotten that we are Wycombe in Red? Seems a bit rich complaining about using our own tactics against us. I thought the game was exactly what expected from two similar teams.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Minutes of game 102
    Minutes in play 39
    Do they have stop watches in the posh seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Has everyone forgotten that we are Wycombe in Red? Seems a bit rich complaining about using our own tactics against us. I thought the game was exactly what expected from two similar teams.
    No. We tried to win the game.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast