+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tariq Uwakwe?

Tariq Uwakwe?

Latest we’re seriously linked with. According to the DT, according to the Sun - if you see what I mean - we’re favourites to land the 20 year old central midfielder, who’s already spent over a decade on Chelsea’s books, for the rest of the season.
    Tipped to be the next big breakthrough at Stamford Bridge he could be a very useful acquisition if he’s in the same mould as Mount and it’s about time we got something back from Lampard.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Latest we’re seriously linked with. According to the DT, according to the Sun - if you see what I mean - we’re favourites to land the 20 year old central midfielder, who’s already spent over a decade on Chelsea’s books, for the rest of the season.
    Tipped to be the next big breakthrough at Stamford Bridge he could be a very useful acquisition if he’s in the same mould as Mount and it’s about time we got something back from Lampard.
    RA don't know much about him ,but he's only made 11 U23 appearances this season he's just coming back from injury The clips I've watched he seems to play on the wing and cutting inside, Looks skilful ,good dribbler ,your right he could be useful . WBA very keen on him . Looks like we've gone from no midfielders to having an abundance The downside is they go back at the end of loan

No way will we have a PL ready XI when we go up, be that now, next season or whenever. Going up is supposed to be worth something like an extra £150M. Enough to fill the gaps, or should be. Get up and worry about the PL when we get there.

Having read the description above, however, it raises the question, "do we need another 'false' winger who always cuts inside?"

Agree, we need to acquire the right players to support the team until the summer, thought we needed defenders though?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Agree, we need to acquire the right players to support the team until the summer, thought we needed defenders though?
    Central defenders at that. Can't see Davies lasting past this season. Clarke is a loanee. Nobody in the U23s or below good enough IMO. Wisdom could be part of the new pairing, he did, after all, do the Cup and League double in Austria as a centre half. We do need a new CD though. Two if Bogle goes and Wisdom take the RB berth.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Central defenders at that. Can't see Davies lasting past this season. Clarke is a loanee. Nobody in the U23s or below good enough IMO. Wisdom could be part of the new pairing, he did, after all, do the Cup and League double in Austria as a centre half. We do need a new CD though. Two if Bogle goes and Wisdom take the RB berth.
    Hope Davies does last another year he's got another 12months in his contract for starting 20games Clarke i wonder if Brighton would sell him Will certainly need at least one for next season. The only we seem to have any interest in his the lad from Leicester and we are not going to be able to afford him even if he is any good Max Hunt back from Aldershot maybe get him a game or two before end of season Not sure about Wisdom playing there I like him at full back

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Not sure about Wisdom playing there I like him at full back
    Yes but prefer Bogle there. However, he is feasibly going up with or without us so the Wiz at FB means 2 new CHs. Hunt should certainly be on the fringes and could make the step up but no guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    As far as central defenders are concerned we have apparently been showing an interest in West Ham’s 23 year old Reece Burke.
    Been out on loan a lot for the last few years and he’s a big lad but beyond that I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As far as central defenders are concerned we have apparently been showing an interest in West Ham’s 23 year old Reece Burke.
    Been out on loan a lot for the last few years and he’s a big lad but beyond that I know nothing.

Don't be hard on yourself you must know something!

Now we know who rA is ...........he's Manuel, Basil's mate!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)