+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Magpie Circle & Magpie Chat/Pavis Perspective

Magpie Circle & Magpie Chat/Pavis Perspective

I generally enjoy both of these podcasts (I think the latter of the two have improved a lot over the last season) but over the last week since the arrival of LW they’ve had me scratching my head.

They both had an opportunity to interview the new head coach but neither addressed the elephant in the room. They both spoke about not converting enough chances, the lack of height at the back, and throwing away leads etc but none of them asked about the lack of aggression, desire or mentally - especially in midfield - that this squad so obviously lacks. Were they asked not to ask certain questions in return for having the managers time?

Going from these two interviews I’m concerned our biggest weakness is not being addressed. This could be Burchnall mk.2.

I'm a touch confused - how does him not being questioned about our aggression in midfield mean it isn't being addressed by Williams??

One of the new signings (I forget which one but I assume the lad from MK Dons) spoke about how Williams likes his teams to be high pressing and aggressive in the middle. I'd rather take the word of someone who has worked with him than a couple of fan podcasts who didn't ask a certain question.

TSHANO, regardless of what was asked in the Pavis Perspective Q&A, just by watching clips of Langstaff and Austin it is obvious they will bring more aggression, desire to the team, admittedly not midfield in Langstaff's case, but he certainly looks to track back and tackle more than Roberts. Austin however is seemingly renowned for his desire and fight, add Bajrami to the mix, who it seems can or will play in the middle of the park, and I think your concerns are misplaced, not that IB MK.1 was horrendous.

The Pavis Perspective was crap, 2 boring blokes asking stupid questions like what do you eat for breakfast.. What a waste of space..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The Pavis Perspective was crap, 2 boring blokes asking stupid questions like what do you eat for breakfast.. What a waste of space..
    To be fair to them, they were putting questions to L.W sent in by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Called having it a bit of fun and making it light hearted for LW. They're just local lads doing their best, not trained journalists...give them a break.

No point having too almost identical interviews with the same questions being asked. Although I too would love to have heard a question or just a statement about our lack of physicality it was just a bit of fun and a different twist.

I'm a fan of the Pavis Perspective, nice mixed content from two young enthusiastic supporters both during and after games, as well as episodes like this one..

I've given up on the Magpie Circle for the obvious reason but seeing as it was the new gaffer I had a listen and I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised to see the host actually let the first speak. I heard rumours that the ex-pro and current-pro episodes were far better than when he has Les Bradd/Mark Stallard and poor Chloe on who he used to treat like an after thought on the episodes I saw. This episode was far superior to any MC I had previously seen as the host spoke less and only had one cringe worthy moment, hopefully Mr Mace will remember this approach when he's not faced by a head coach or footballer.

In both interviews he came across very well and like IB did he also provided some interesting answers, far from the dull standard media trained variety.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No point having too almost identical interviews with the same questions being asked. Although I too would love to have heard a question or just a statement about our lack of physicality it was just a bit of fun and a different twist.

I'm a fan of the Pavis Perspective, nice mixed content from two young enthusiastic supporters both during and after games, as well as episodes like this one..

I've given up on the Magpie Circle for the obvious reason but seeing as it was the new gaffer I had a listen and I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised to see the host actually let the first speak. I heard rumours that the ex-pro and current-pro episodes were far better than when he has Les Bradd/Mark Stallard and poor Chloe on who he used to treat like an after thought on the episodes I saw. This episode was far superior to any MC I had previously seen as the host spoke less and only had one cringe worthy moment, hopefully Mr Mace will remember this approach when he's not faced by a head coach or footballer.

In both interviews he came across very well and like IB did he also provided some interesting answers, far from the dull standard media trained variety.
    Some people need to learn that they do certain things best.