+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of Buckley

Return of Buckley

I would be looking at returning Buckley alongside travis on Tuesday.
    Morton came with alot of hope and just hasn't delivered so far,If not Buckley then try Wharton again.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I would be looking at returning Buckley alongside travis on Tuesday.
    Morton came with alot of hope and just hasn't delivered so far,If not Buckley then try Wharton again.
    when these lads come, it's because we offer them a certain number of games, I believe its in the loan contract.
    But I do not believe you Wharton is quite ready. We will be better easing him in, as some weeks you will get nothing. Which is exactly what happened vrs Stoke after he kept his place from playing so well at Blackpool. Wharton will be very inconsistent and I would not be playing him a great deal this season, more ease him in. Like with Phillips.
    Morton is fine I think, a decent player and ahead of Wharton in consistency.
    Buckley had his chance, he can't complain. If he doesn't want to perform or work then he will be sat watching from the bench. Bringing him in when we are winning every other game and are sat in the play-offs after taking him out if the side is not the answer. I really rated Buckley and thought he would go on to have a very important season, but he like Dack is no longer playing for a reason.

Yes and I guess only JDT knows the reason.
    Buckley is a bizarre one as he seemed very professional in his approach.
    Dack carries a bit of arrogance in which made him a cut above once upon a time but now injuries have took its toll.

Doing well with who I want back in and what I want changed.
    Formation change and still the same.
    Buckley in and looks bloody awful.
    Not sure what the answer is but things are looking pretty dire.

Hurst and morton on now,ready to shove my earlier criticism down my throat 😂

Nope still not convinced

Nope still not convinced
    Brittain was good last night, I thought he was our best player.
    Buckley was absolutely shocking. And got hooked after an hour. Morton is far better.
    I really felt sorry for that kid who missed the pen.
    Bradley Dack and a bunch of senior players stood by and let him which was good of them. He fancied it, he took it and missed. No point getting on the kids back as he will have better days, I don't blame him at all. I thought it summed up where we are as a side right now. Not one person took that ball with any experience and tucked it away for a point. We lack any kind of leadership in this side.
    And while Szmodicks wasn't great he is better than Dack who is just finished now. I wouldn't even have him on the bench.
    I think its incredibly harsh to be judging Szmodicks eg who has been injured, isn't ever going to be a world beater, was signed for next to nothing. Not really sure what the expectancy was? He does need time to settle and 4/5 games is hardly fair to start writing him off. But thats what we do at this club.
    We write players off like Bell. Call them ****e and force them to leave.
    Bell is the best LB at this level. But 10 thousand idiots at Ewood decided he was ****e.
    Now we are stuck with that Pickering, who you fail to mention. But is absolutely shocking. Far far worse than Brittain. But you single him out?
    I dont get that?
    We will win on Sat and thats the way it will go this season.

Wait right here champs.
    I did not single out just brittain at all but purely pointed out,the signings made have not wowed me.
    Hyam is the only one who looks worth the money paid.
    Brittain is ok,nothing more nothing less.
    Pickering is ok,nothing more nothing less.
    Happy now?
    Morton comes with high expectations but is yet to deliver on them.
    Hurst was supposed to be the man to press Gallagher and brereton but I am yet to see that.
    Look I could nit pick at the new players when the more senior players are also ambling around.
    Brereton looks sulky
    Dack looks done and travis looks to have over hyped himself.
    Defensively we look fairly solid but moving forward is something that resembles a circus and the sooner the players,role their sleeves up the better.

Wait right here champs.
    I did not single out just brittain at all but purely pointed out,the signings made have not wowed me.
    Hyam is the only one who looks worth the money paid.
    Brittain is ok,nothing more nothing less.
    Pickering is ok,nothing more nothing less.
    Happy now?
    Morton comes with high expectations but is yet to deliver on them.
    Hurst was supposed to be the man to press Gallagher and brereton but I am yet to see that.
    Look I could nit pick at the new players when the more senior players are also ambling around.
    Brereton looks sulky
    Dack looks done and travis looks to have over hyped himself.
    Defensively we look fairly solid but moving forward is something that resembles a circus and the sooner the players,role their sleeves up the better.
    Hirst will need some games, as will the all the new players. Brittain is fine, miles better than Nyamabe who everyone moaned about everytime we lost and was also singelled out for criticism.
    Pickering has been at our club for nearly 12 months now, he should be settled by now. But looks woeful.
    Buckley is a massive let down, he is being given chances and failing to look slightly interested. I'm not really sure I would give him many more. Saying that, I would not play him as a deep lying CM anyway. He needs to play in the position Smodicks played last night. But he also needs time to settle. Remember, we have only played 12 games. Most of these new signings have only played half of those games, so I just feel writing them off for a handful of games in a new side with a new manager is a tad harsh. We wheee always going to see a season of transition. And also remember, we are not exactly having a disastrous season so far, despite losing games. This will need time and patience.

Hey I did say 10th when the window shut and to be fair we are performing above that.
    It is harsh to single out the new players in October and should be given more time.
    As for Pickering,prior to the injury he looked good but afterwards he has looked very average.
    My disappointment is with the more seasoned pros at the club,who look almost uninterested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)