+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

You’re nothing if not consistent, RJ, I’ll give you that

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    You’re nothing if not consistent, RJ, I’ll give you that
    So is the horse shîte I get for my garden from the local stables.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    So is the horse shîte I get for my garden from the local stables.
    Your garden, you say?

Yes, he's a land owner.

Capitalist bästard.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I can do better than that….I have even scored a goal at Pittodrie. Don’t think it was 20 minutes into the match and I opened the scoring with a volley from a corner. John Hewitt was the first to celebrate with me.
    Ah noo .... First time Ah saw John Hewitt play was for Cornhill ... a schools cup final ? ... or maybe Champion street final?

It wis the pre-match entertainment at Pittodrie.
    Hewitt was pointed oot tae ma by ma chum fa wis in the school team and also played in champion street ... Ah wis tellt Hewitt wis brilliant and it widna be the last time he'd play at Pittodrie.

Ah'm Ah gettin warm?
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 21-03-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Your garden, you say?
    Yes. Why, yes I did (although typed rather than spoken):

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Yes. Why, yes I did (although typed rather than spoken):
    I see. I thought you might have been feeding it to a couple of regulars.

Although I realise they're spouting it, regurgitation crossed my mind.
    Last edited by Donanddusted; 21-03-2023 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Ah noo .... First time Ah saw John Hewitt play was for Cornhill ... a schools cup final ? ... or maybe Champion street final?

It wis the pre-match entertainment at Pittodrie.
    Hewitt was pointed oot tae ma by ma chum fa wis in the school team and also played in champion street ... Ah wis tellt Hewitt wis brilliant and it widna be the last time he'd play at Pittodrie.

Ah'm Ah gettin warm?
    Absolutely no where near it.

It was a charity match raising money for Diabetes and I am sure it went on for a few years. John Hewitt had a team and Doug Rougvie had a team, I was obviously in Hewitts. Before the match he said to me that he hadn’t beaten big Doug’s team in the couple of years it had been going. I tried the mind games with Rougvie before kick off much to the horror of my fellow teammates when I said to him are you ready for a doing today.
    We won the match and I opened the scoring…job done. I had a laugh with Rougvie after it and he said that my comment annoyed him but not as much as my goal. Win win. Both guys are true gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Absolutely no where near it.

It was a charity match raising money for Diabetes and I am sure it went on for a few years. John Hewitt had a team and Doug Rougvie had a team, I was obviously in Hewitts. Before the match he said to me that he hadn’t beaten big Doug’s team in the couple of years it had been going. I tried the mind games with Rougvie before kick off much to the horror of my fellow teammates when I said to him are you ready for a doing today.
    We won the match and I opened the scoring…job done. I had a laugh with Rougvie after it and he said that my comment annoyed him but not as much as my goal. Win win. Both guys are true gentlemen!
    Johnny and Doug never tire of telling everyone about THAT volley. Show us all the photos if you get a moment, assuming these games were played post-1826?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Johnny and Doug never tire of telling everyone about THAT volley. Show us all the photos if you get a moment, assuming these games were played post-1826?!
    I was a good player but not that good that I could take a picture of myself smashing in a volley

I am a better coach though.

Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast