+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Ot- May calls for election in June.

ramAnag. Don't think ms Leadsom will be getting much of a post Wasn't she the one who said May wasn't fit to be PM because she didn't have children

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    ramAnag. Don't think ms Leadsom will be getting much of a post Wasn't she the one who said May wasn't fit to be PM because she didn't have children
    Think she said that 'having her own children' would make her a better PM than May who apparently can't. She also approves of fox hunting and seems to share Trump's attitude to climate change. Lovely woman.

So what do we think the result will be?

I reckon somewhere between 20 and 30 majority for the Conservatives which will make May look like a leader who has poor judgement, takes unnecessary gambles and is afraid to debate outside the protected environment of the Commons.

of course if the voting public had any sense they would desert in droves, certainly if Labour had called a referendum that wasn't needed to settle arguments within their own party, promised not have an election then called one 6 months later, refused to debate other candidates in public, overseen a policy which saw a reduction in Police numbers such that in a crisis troops had to be called in to assist, U turned on a major policy in their manifesto AND failed to cost the few policies they had in their manifesto, the right wing media would be ripping them to shreds!!!!

I can see you are going to be voting Tory then Swale

Swales Think your about right 30+majority at least Still waiting to here what the cap on care fees is going to be Must be bad if they dare not tell us before election day She was a poor Home Sec and an even worse PM afraid the attacks have saved her Just as the Falklands save Thatcher

Well it's all in Joe Public's hands now. To borrow a phrase that my friend Captain Obvious would agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I can see you are going to be voting Tory then Swale

To bloody right Rog, that Theresa May phewwww what a scorcher! Always had a thing about Vicars daughters! Well i went out with one in youth and she stretched the no *** before marriage rule to the limits!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    To bloody right Rog, that Theresa May phewwww what a scorcher! Always had a thing about Vicars daughters! Well i went out with one in youth and she stretched the no *** before marriage rule to the limits!!
    Well I don't think anyone could blame her!

I think the guy who eventually married her was very lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I wish you'd let Romanis answer. Your serious answers are always a bit 'intimidating' and you operate on a level that has a higher financial awareness than many, including me.
    So...seriously...as someone who understands the numbers but also has the morality - most of the time - of the decent liberal centre left...what do you actually hope that Thursday's outcome will be?

I think you'd accept the need for a fairer society with better public services...so tell us how we do it affordably and fairly and the job's yours.
    I wish you wouldn't let Roger convince you so easily. He isn't an economics expert and proves it when he says the Tories have by and large controlled borrowing. They have done no such thing.

They have borrowed £1 TRILLION since 2010 and that was largely connected to QE which went into the pockets of the very wealthy; you know the people who bust the economy in the first place. If they had invested that in UK PLC & public services we would have had a return on our money and paid off at least part of the debt.

Just refer to the link I gave you earlier, which gives you plenty of ammo to answer Roger.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)