+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: v Hibs (h) LC

Stupid defending cost us with the first goal. Shocking penalty decision killed the game, but we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position in the first place.

Offside goal was a worse decision than the penalty though, that was a proper game changer.

Still need a midfielder who will either run (with or without the ball), or can play a decent through ball.

Clark and McNulty no matter if you think they are great, average or rubbish, are never going to score if they don't get chances.

Free game on Sunday against the ugly sister then a big home game against Ross County coming up. Three points from County will be magic

We showed some spirit second half, and played some decent football, was pleased with that as feared the worst at ht.

That’s 2 cup games in a row they have got big decisions against us, but I think they have been fairly confident and comfortable against us in both games. Felt they could have stepped it up again if they needed. We just don’t have that clinical edge up front, and lack the strength and pace to even hold it up top.

Highly unlikely we will outscore the better teams in high scoring encounters, any success dependent on defence keeping a shut out, and nicking a goal, as we did against rangers/Dundee, despite creating virtually nothing.

Sure I saw chalmers named as sub last night.

Yeah, Chalmers was on the bench last night. 👍

Did Scott Allan goad united fans at all? wish him all the best but he has been a tw@t everytime he has been back. On a completely different note thats the best hibs strip ive seen for ages

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    McNulty going to be out for a period of time. Mulgrew hopefully not as he came off so early according to the manager.
    Thats what ive heard mcnulty could be month plus, mulgrew could be 2 weeks or a few days. depends how we wrap him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Thats what ive heard mcnulty could be month plus, mulgrew could be 2 weeks or a few days. depends how we wrap him up.
    Mulgrew is the big one imho. Need him back. Couldn't care less about McNulty, we have other players of an equally p1sh standard that can replace him

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Did Scott Allan goad united fans at all? wish him all the best but he has been a tw@t everytime he has been back.
    Yes, when he scored. Seeing as I'm right at the front he got the middle finger from me. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Stupid defending cost us with the first goal. Shocking penalty decision killed the game, but we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position in the first place.

Offside goal was a worse decision than the penalty though, that was a proper game changer.

Still need a midfielder who will either run (with or without the ball), or can play a decent through ball.

Clark and McNulty no matter if you think they are great, average or rubbish, are never going to score if they don't get chances.

Free game on Sunday against the ugly sister then a big home game against Ross County coming up. Three points from County will be magic
    I need to see the goals and penalty incident again, but Hibs have too many players who know where the goal is and pounced our slow start. Really cannot see why Gollum gave them that penalty as it looked like one of the worst dives ive ever witnessed. I then think we had 2 decent shouts for penalties, with one of them given against Edwards.

The Midfielder you are asking for i think is actually there in either Fuchs or Harkes. Both just need to realise they have the ability to do it.

I thought there was enough deliveries into the box last night where both McNulty and Clark could have scored, but their positioning and realisation of what could happen were poor. For me though, we are right back to square 1 again with Clark who hasnt started enough in sharpness terms, and Appere who is just back from injury.

Reynolds played the ball then McGinn actually kicked the back of his foot. Properly shocking decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post

Sorry but have to disagree, time and time again Fuchs, Pawlett, Levitt, Harkes and even the full backs couldn't pass to McNulty or Clark because these 2 don't make themselves available, the only players the full backs and midfield could pass to was to each other, they had to rely on one of themselves to make the run and find space.

It seems Clark and McNulty are above making the runs into space Shanks did, their work off the ball is shocking, they're waiting to be served on a plate, in fact to me they are very selfish and most certainly have no presence.

This is the problem here not the midfield

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)