+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Sharp assault

He'll be jailed for that, and rightly so. Could have been a lot worse because he was totally oblivious until hit.

https://t.co/vToqYyhsqA

Luckily it didn’t end up a mass brawl after another player went after him
    Last edited by millertop; 18-05-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Pitch invasions really irritate me. I can’t stand it when it happens at Rotherham.

Seeing grown men trying to get on the pitch acting like 7 year olds gets on my nerves. Especially when there are numerous warnings not to go on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Much anger from the Manager who struck an opponent with the ball.
    Agree i thought it was abit hypocritical of him given he”d done that during the game.not saying it condone”s what happened after the game.but that was equally mindless…

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    He'll be jailed for that, and rightly so. Could have been a lot worse because he was totally oblivious until hit.
    Will he?

Not sure that he will to be honest, such is our legal system

On the same point, what happened to that numpty that did a similar thing at the NYS?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Will he?

On the same point, what happened to that numpty that did a similar thing at the NYS?

No I dont think he will be jailed either,a fine and a suspended sentence and costs,and maybe some form of victim address.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Will he?

Agree
    Maybe that’s the problem when it’s not highlighted by clubs what’s actually happened after they’ve been identified, I know the one at NYS was arrested or told to report the station and club said he’ll be banned but it’s never been official has it?
    No deterrent if it’s not actually published imo

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Agree
    Maybe that’s the problem when it’s not highlighted by clubs what’s actually happened after they’ve been identified, I know the one at NYS was arrested or told to report the station and club said he’ll be banned but it’s never been official has it?
    No deterrent if it’s not actually published imo
    Also " bragging rights" with his moronic mates

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    When incidents like this happen, all the media outlets and the virtue signallers on social media bang on about it being disgusting,cowardly,out of order,reprehensible,blah,blah,blah but the reality is that what right minded,intelligent person would think that what the guy in the yellow top did was a good thing to do? Incidents of violence like that are happening all over the country every weekend. The issue of pitch invasions was something I brought up in a post several months ago. During the earlier parts of the season any lone invader is swiftly dealt with ,charged and banned and told in no uncertain terms that it is an illegal act.However during the promotion and play-off carnage,invaders in their thousands are simply left to do what they like and walk away 'Scot Free',even though the same laws have been transgressed.If you cannot enforce a law fairly and consistently ,don't have it!
    I have tried to see the sense in this post but I really am struggling.

So agaisnt Gillingham we saw Miller fans run onto the pitch and hoist Barlaser, Harding and smudge shoulder high in scenes that will live with all as nothing other than 100 % posititive for the rest of their lives..and yet you do not see the difference between that and assaulting someone??

You say if you cannot enforce the rule don't have it then, so unless you can employ the same number of stewards as fans to make any possibility of a celebratory pitch invasion impossible you should legalise assault? Or unless you spend hours and hours going through video footage to identify tiny a guy and charge him with walking on to the pitch, saying we'll done and as the same offence as assault then make assault legal?

And findally you are upset because the media have called out a cowardly act of unprovoked violence as an act of cowardly unprovoked violence. What would you have them do? Endorse it the basis it goes on elsewhere so it's OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    No I dont think he will be jailed either,a fine and a suspended sentence and costs,and maybe some form of victim address.
    He's absolutely nailed on for a prison sentence, the courts will make an example of him.

The guy who ran onto the pitch and threw a punch at Jack Grealish got 3 months behind bars and it was nowhere near as bad as last night's attack.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast